Chapter 10: Your back...

I felt Jayden place me on a soft mattress but the movement sent a jolt of pain shooting through my side. I began to sit up but I felt his hand on my shoulder holding me in place.

"You're hurt. You need to stay still. I'll go call Doctor Winters and tell him you're awake, he can look at your side."

I looked into his grey green eyes and I could see his worry for me on his face. I shook my head and pushed his hand away. I bit down on my lip and pushed myself into a sitting position. Jayden sat on the edge of the bed with his jaw clenched. I noticed I was back inside his room and his black sheets were pulled back.

"You are forgetting what I can do." I said gasping for air. The struggle to breath was due to the cracked ribs and bruising when I fell.

"Please Layla, listen to me. Lay back and I'll go get Doctor Winters." he pleaded but he needed to understand that I was not going to sit and wait around for someone else.

"If you want to help go get me a change of clothes. Leave me for a few minutes. I can heal myself." I said placing my hand on his shoulder and slightly pushing him back.

"Go."

"Ten minutes and that's it. If you are still in pain then I am taking you to the hospital." he said and stormed out of the room fuming with anger.

I watched him leave but I knew I only had ten minutes to myself so I had to use every last second of it.

I was still wearing the black dress but the chains on my back and the fabric on my waist were torn. I pulled the dress up and saw the blackish blue bruise on my side. I placed my hand on the bruise and bit down on the sheets to prevent myself from screaming out in pain. I felt the bone healing and when I could breathe without much pain I moved on to the bruises left on my neck from when he held me against the wall. I healed most of my cuts and bruises but I could still feel numbness from the broken rib.

I heard a knock on the door and Jayden walked in. He was carrying a pair of shorts and a black t-shirt.

"I couldn't really find anything comfortable without going through all of your clothes so I got some of my old clothes that should fit you." He said and walked towards me. He sat back down on the side of his bed and reached forward to caress my cheek. His feather-like touch sent chills through my spin and I could feel him stiffen when he felt the sparks between us.

He came closer and whispered, "How are you feeling?"

His voice had gotten deeper and his eyes had lowered to meet my own in an intimate and scandalous way. I turned away from his hand but he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"Don't turn away from me." he said grabbing my hand in his other hand that rested beside my thigh. "You have no idea how scared and angry I was when I saw that man standing over you. I was torn between killing him for what he did to you and helping you get to safety. Never in my life have I ever felt so helpless than in that moment."

Only an inch was left between us and our breaths were mixing in front of our mouths. His alluring scent brought me closer to him and drove my senses wild. All I wanted to do was kiss him and let him ravish my body with his soft touch.

He drew nearer and kissed me on my cheek and trailed light kisses to my ear. His breath was blowing against my earlobe and my body was burning with want for him.

He had me on a silver platter and he could do anything to me without my protest. I closed my eyes welcoming his touch, I was lost in my desire for him.

"I know how much you are drawn to me. Trust me I feel the same desire and lust for you as you do for me but I want to give you the choice of choosing your mate. I won't claim you as mine or make a move on you." he said and drew back enough for me to look into his eyes. My face was flush from his proximity and from how willing I was to give my body to him a moment ago.