5: personality

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
- Bruce Lee

Chapter 5: personality

Continuation, September 16th
Death walked in further, taking of his shoes in respect and placing it on the door mat. The aura was filled with the ambrosial smell of chicken and rice, which delighted his human stomach. The house overall felt welcoming.

Death noticed Claudratte rushing down stairs for dinner with a female behind her. Death couldn't help but be curious. Was the female, behind Claudratte, Tomata?

Reaching to the bottom of the steps, Claudratte locked eyes with Death - shock laced in them. She had humiliation decayed on her face as the event of her spying on him replayed vividly in her mind. The blushing of her cheeks quickly raced up to her face.

The female behind her nudged her arm, wearily. This caused Claudratte to snap out of her trance and she reassured the female nothing was wrong. Nonetheless, Claudratte was still cautious of Death's presence.

Death took a seat at the dinner table. He chuckled inside, knowing how much her overwhelmed her. Maybe this could be useful in operation killing Tomata?

Claudratte and the female both took a seat at the dinner table. The female, he didn't know of yet, sat next to him and Claudratte sat on the other side of the female. Daniel sat on the other side of Death. There was one more seat opposite Death, which he was guessing was for Mrs Bankclar.

Claudratte seemed uncomfortable with Death at the table but Death ignored it and just smiled. He hoped Claudratte didn't influent her discomfort on the others. He didn't want them to have a reason not to like him.

Mrs Bankclar was inside of the kitchen, finishing of with preparation for dinner. Death found it awkward sitting at the table with everyone weary of him. He thought the atmosphere in the room need to be lightened up.

Deciding to break the tension, he introduced himself. "I'm Luis," he grinned, kindly. He held out his hand to shake the female sitting next to him. She nicely shook it, smiling.

"I'm Tomata, pronounced To-ma-ta."

Tomata seemed friendly to Death. She definitely had a refreshing personality. It was a shame he was going to have to drive her into her own death - an utter shame.

Mrs Bankclar wobbled in with numerous plates balancing horribly in her hands. Deciding to help Mrs Bankclar, Death rushed to her side and took some of the plates into his own hands. Mrs Bankclar let out a grateful 'thank you' and they both placed the plates on the table.

When Mrs Bankclar got to her seat, she sucked in a deep breath and yelled happily, "eat up!"

Everyone, including Death, began to eat their food. Death felt the devouring taste of chicken melt into his taste buds. Death could proudly admit that the food was delicious.

"So, Luis," Tomata said, wiping the corners of her mouth. Death looked up and was momentarily intrigued about the fact she was starting a conversation with him. "How long have you been staying in this neighbourhood?"

"2 days now. I just moved in yesterday," Death replied, casually. Although Death lied smoothly about moving in, he was speaking the truth of the duration he spent in the house.

Satisfied, she nodded her head. "And how are you finding our neighbourhood?" Death hadn't been there long enough to really speak of the neighbourhood.

"It's alright. I haven't been there long enough to really speak of it but people here seem nice and friendly," Death answered. Pleased with his answer, Tomata nodded her head.

"For someone who looks arrogant; you have a wonderful personality!" Mrs Bankclar exclaimed, clearing her throat. Death didn't know whether to take an offence but said a small 'thank you' anyways. Deciding it was time to go, Death thanked the Wood's for a wonderful dinner and said he might check up on them tomorrow.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you in any way darling!" Mrs Banclar protested, concerned.

Death never was told about his personality being 'wonderful' or pleasant or acceptable in any way. He was normally a cold hearted type of person. Therefore, it was quite mind-boggling when he was told this.

"No, it's that. I'm just really tired - it's been a long day," Death half fibbed, effortlessly.

And with that, Death strolled home, tired. His human body really needed a rest; much to Death surprise, it was around 10pm.

Death was gratified that he got to finally meet Tomata. It was day 2 of the mission and he was on track - maybe even ahead. He had 29 days left to lure her into her death.

Smirking to himself, Death smugly said, "that was easier than expected."

----
Picture of Tomata at the top :).
Sorry for the rubbish and non-detailed ending. I just really needed to end this chapter. It was getting long and tiring. I was really reluctant with this chapter and thus, the reason I am apologising for the low quality or writing.