The Beginning

This is my first attempt at a fanfic and also my first post so there may be errors. This is dedicated to my younger sisters, as they requested a fanfiction.

Harrys Bakery.

Chapter One.

The sound of my alarm was the first thing I heard this morning, it was a new day and I could already tell it was going to be a slow one.

I grabbed my white and black work uniform and head to shower, taking a little more time than I normally would. I pulled on my black shorts and black top with white stitching and jerked my copper hair back into a messy bun, letting my fringe and a few bits fall around my face.

I applied my usual make up of mascara and liquid eye liner on the top lids of my eyes then shoved my shoes.

I checked the time, 7.30. I had to be a work at 8, luckily enough for me I lived just down the road from work so I could leave with 10 minutes to get there and have plenty of time.

I grabbed some buttered toast and sat cross legged on the couch as I ate and sipped my tea. Once I finished I quickly brushed my teeth, grabbed my bag and left.

I walked at a slow pace and fiddled with my phone as I headed in the direction of work. As I shoved my phone back into my pocket it dinged.

I got a new message.

It was from Marie, the lady I would be working with today, it read:

Hey Char. Just letting U know we R closing early tonight. Have a meeting @ 4. C U soon x

Great, a meeting.

Just what I wanted.

I rolled my eyes and quickly darted through the small crowd that had gathered at the new clothing store, it seemed to be the place to be.

I pulled open the back door to the bakery and closed it with a small slam, I placed my stuff in my locker and yanked my hat on. It was going to be slow, like always, so I didn't bother with my apron. I turned my phone to silent mode before placing it back in my pocket.

I walked out to the front and smiled at Marie, she gave me a causal nod and continued with her paperwork. I always worked with her so I knew the basic routines of what I would do and what she would.

The day was dragging on more than normal, I wasn't sure if it was because it was Friday or because I just wanted to go home, either way I made my jobs go for longer then normal just so I didn't have to do as much. Lazy I know, but I just wasn't in the mood.

It was about 3 in the afternoon and I was moving the bread rolls from one rack to the rack with more in it so I could clean and pack up the empty one, normally I would use tongs, but today it was so dead that I just used my hands and moved as many as I could at once.

As I was doing this the sliding doors of the bakery opened and closed, I didn't turn to serve. Luckily, it was just someone Marie knew. They were speaking in low tones to each other. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but honestly, I didn't care.

A few moments later I heard footsteps behind me followed by a short deep huff.

'You know that you aren't meant to use your hands, right?' The gruff voice from behind me said

'Yes I know, but it's quicker this way,'

'It's against regulations.' 

'Not to seem rude, but how would you know?' I turned to face the man that had been lecturing me and gasped.

He was beyond handsome. Tall and broad, his face had full pink lips and smoky green eyes that you could just see under his mop of curly brown hair.