Lovers Tiff

I walked into work to see that the store was empty and the doors had been locked. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time. It was 9. I entered the back store room and looked around, glancing at the mirror as I walked past. I doubled back to look at myself but I was not myself, I was Kimberly. I gasped as I touched her face where mine should be and turned to leave only to have the door slam shut and lock. I grabbed the handle and yanked but it was no use.

A deep chuckle came from behind as the room faded into darkness, it was Harry, but it wasn't the Harry I knew, this Harry was darker, had more of a lustful look to him. He strutted toward me and pushed me against the wall, moving his hands down my sides before leaning into my neck and smelling me. 'You smell delicious,' He smiled as he bit down on my neck, I shrieked in pain as he sucked harshly and pushed against his head as I tried to get away but couldn't. 'Nobody to stop us this time Kimmie, we don't have to hold back,' Harry whispered into my... Kimmies ear.

I shot up in bed, my breathing was heavy. I jump out of my bed and rush to the bathroom; I looked at my face in the reflection and touched my face with my hands. It was me; my freckled skin, my big dark brown eyes, my small full lips and my little nose. I sighed. It was just a dream. Thank god!

Once I was dressed and ready for work, I went back into the bathroom to check my neck again. This was the third time I had done it in the last 20 minutes, there was no marking but the way it felt in my dream was so life like, I could feel his teeth push into my neck, the warmth of his full lips on me. I could feel the harsh suction and hear the groan of satisfaction that came from his mouth once he removed himself.

An unpleasant shiver ran down my body as I looked at my watch. It was 8.45 and I had to be at work in 15 minutes. The idea of facing Harry after such a dream made my stomach feel as though it had rats scratching around in it, trying to escape. I was so unbelievable nervous.

I noticed that time seemed to pass a lot faster when you didn't want it to. I took a deep breath and reminded myself that it was just a dream, once I re-gained my composure; I left for work.

It was a beautiful sunny day, warmth radiated throughout the air. The air itself was bitter sweet and made all my muscles relax. I looked up at the clouds in the sky as I headed toward work, I looked in front of me just in time to avoid running into a lady working in her garden. I smiled as I walked around her. The lady gave me a small wave and continued in her garden.

I dawdled a little more than normal on my way to work, enjoying the warm rays hitting my skin. I looked in the window of the new shop that had opened down the road. The bright pink shop screamed posh. Ironically enough, that is what they had named it, 'Posh Spots.'

The back door was the only thing that kept me from my shift. I stood with my head lifted, eyes closed and a small smile on my face, soaking up as much sun as I could before I had to head into work. It didn't last very long; my watch beeped letting me know that it had just hit 9. I opened my eyes and yanked the door open, swinging it wide. I let the door close by its self as I walked over and pulled my hat over my plaited hair and onto my head.

I stood in the doorframe between the front and back rooms, reading the staff board. There were a handful of resumes pinned to it which made my mind flick back to the staff meeting and the physical test. Maybe someone had been fired?

I glanced around the front to see that not much had been done and that the place was a mess. Which meant the morning shift would have been done by Sandra; she is incredibly lazy and doesn't see the need in cleaning up after herself. I shook my head, she really made me frustrated. I went over to the sink and turned on the tap. It began to fill with hot, soapy water. As the sink was filling I grabbed out the staff folder and pulled out the sheets that had to be completed today. I quickly read over them and began to fill them out.