Caught

Once Kat was ready and had applied her face, we grabbed our bags and left. We walked slowly toward the mall. When we walked past my work, I swung my head around to see who was working the weekend shift.

Kimmie-cub was working, she was one of the high school girls and I liked her alot. She is shorter, smaller and more fragile than the other after school girls and she looked it too, with pale skin, big blue eyes and shoulder length blonde hair that she wore in pig tails, it wasn't a surprise why they called her cub. Since she was out the front cleaning that means she would more than likely be working with Sandra?

Sandra liked to make all the younger girls do everything.  She isn't a very nice lady and only really gets along with one other worker; mainly because they are as nasty as each other. Sandra is tall and broad and in my opinion uses her size to intimidate everyone. We continued past the shop.

I noticed a big black car parked in the staff car park that had never been there before, I scanned the front seat instantly locking eyes with a pair of jade greens ones. Harry. I pulled my eyes away and nudged Kat with my arm. She instantly looked at the car, gawking when she saw who is in it. I assumed she was feeling protective because she linked her arm with mine and pulled me closer to her side.

I glanced back at the car to see Harry had gotten out and was leaning against the side of it watching me walk away, his mouth curled into a half smile. Clearly enjoying me squirm under his unwanted gaze. He gave me small nod before pushing himself away from the car, disappearing into the shop.

I let out a small huff. I was going to have to face him in a few days, it was not something I was looking forward to. Kat frowned when she saw my face and squeezed my arm lightly, comforting me.

We arrived at one of Kats favorite shops. Yum Yum. She is really into the vintage kind of clothing and as I looked at her now, in her cream Sequin bubble dress and light brown leather tote, she looked very old fashioned. Kat brought herself a nice black Suzy Perette draped cocktail dress then headed out to look in a few other shops. Kat brought a few more old styled things and I brought a few singlets, a nice peach cocktail dress and some jewelry.

After a few long hours, we were all shopped out so we went and did my grocery shopping then started to head back home. It was around 4.50pm when we got to the street that lead to my house.

Kat and I sipped on our large fruit smoothies we got from the food court. My street was quiet, the only noise being a few cars, probably on their way home. I love the neighborhood I live in, everything was closed early and it was so quiet and peaceful. Only very rarely are there parties in this area and even then, the people try to keep it down.

Dark clouds started to show in the sky and the sweet smell of the air told me that there was going to be rain tonight. Perfect weather to spend curled up watching movies in front of the fire. Lucky enough for me too, my little 2 bedroom house has a fire place.

It hasn't rained since I've been living here, so I'd finally be able to burn the pile of boxes I have been hoarding since my move here. 

We walked at a slow pace towards my house, when we come to my work and I glace and see that the back door is still open. I looked at my watch, they shouldn't be open now. I give my key to Kat and tell her to go start the fire at mine while I check it out.

I entered the back room to hear a small grunt coming from the staff room. I saw the staff room door was opened slightly and peeked in the door to see Harry and Kimmie intertwined together against the back wall. Surprised, I gasped which Harry heard, he stopped mid thrust and turned his head to lock his eyes with mine.

I covered my mouth with my hand and tore my eyes from his. I shook my head and turned on my heels to leave. I was about to exit when I heard my name being shouted behind me. I stopped just before the back door but didn't turn around.

'Char, wait.' Harry was behind me

'What?' I asked, just wanting to leave and forget what I just saw.

'Look at me,'

'I'd rather not.' I crossed my arms in front of my chest still facing the door.

'Char,' He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me around so I had to face him.          

I looked up at him, his hair was all messy and was all over his face, his eyes barely showing. His neck had a small love bite under his ear and his top was unbuttoned, showing the scratch across his toned chest. I feel sick looking at him, I clenched my jaw and looked at the ground. He opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him.

'You don't have to say anything, Harry. I saw what was going on. What you do with your parts has nothing to do with me; you do not have to explain. Now if you don't mind, I want to go home.'

I heard him let out a deep sigh and looked up at his face, his hard features softened as he noticed me looking at him. He moved his hand through his hair and pushed it out of his face, biting on his bottom lip, he started to button up his top. I just stared at him as he did, he really was beautiful. I scanned his face once more before I adjusted my bag on my shoulder.

'Goodnight Harry,' I said in a softer tone before turning to leave, not wanting a response.

I walked home quickly, it was starting to spit and the wind was freezing. I entered my loungeroom to see the fire started and Kat in the kitchen making supper.

'So, everything okay?' She asked without looking away from the meal she was making, it smelt amazing. I spent the remanding of dinner updating her on what I walked in on at work.

After tea Kat and I sat in front of the fire sipping hot chocolate as she told me about the executive position she was going for at work, Kat worked for the Health Food Magazine. So she liked to update me on a regular basis on what I should and should not be eating.

After a long chat, Kat decided to go home, it was getting late and she still had to feed her pet cat. His name is Scully and he's a little orange tabby, lovely little kitty.

I stayed up to the early hours of Sunday morning before going to sleep. When I woke up, what was left of Sunday went quickly, like a big rushed blur and before I knew it was night again.

It was late in the evening when I eventually crawled into my big bed and attempt to sleep. I kept thinking about what I saw at work, dreading the fact that I had to go into work tomorrow morning. I had no idea why seeing Harry like that affected me the way it did but it kept me up most of the night. Over thinking was one of my worst habits. .

The next morning I woke before my alarm went off, just lying there until it did. I sighed and dragged myself out of bed, it had been cold all weekend so I pulled on my slippers before I walked out my room and straight into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I sighed, my hair had dried crazy because I washed it last night. I had a quick shower and pulled on my work clothes before adjusting my hair into a ponytail before, I kicked on my shoes before I put on a little mascara and headed for the kitchen.