Stretch

The end of the day came quick; Kimberly and I didn't speak much throughout the shift. Once everything was locked up and she had gone home I went to see Harry. His light was still on and he was sitting at his desk. I stood outside Harry's door and picked at black my nail polish unsure about knocking.

As I raised my hand to knock the door flung open and Harry walked into me, the sudden force made me stumble backwards. Harry noticed me just in time to grab me around the waist and stop me from falling. I blushed as I looked up to see his sparkling eyes looking down at me, a worried expression was plastered across his face.

'S-sorry,' I stammered as I regained balance. Harry removed his hand from my lower back and moved his left hand through his hair.

'You okay?' Harry asked as he shoved his hands into his pockets. I nodded.

'Yes, I just wanted to see if you where alright.' I looked up at him and he tilted his head.

'Yeah I'm alright, Char,' He spoke calmly 'Why is that?'

I looked down at my hands as I spoke 'I just heard you and Kimmie today and I thought that-'

'You heard that?' Harry cut me off mid sentence. 'Were you eavesdropping?'

I didn't respond or look up. I could feel Harry staring at me.

'You were, weren't you?' His voice was soft.

I still didn't look up.

'Char, look at me,' His voice was sterner; when I refused he closed the door behind him causing me to jump. 'Char,'

I glanced at his face, his eyes burned into mine which made it hard to look away. I opened my mouth to speak and before I could lie like I was going to Harry cut me off, 'Don't you lie to me,' I smiled slightly to myself and he shook his head at me.

'I don't know why you feel the need to lie to me, Char,' He bit his lip 'It doesn't hurt to tell the truth. It just makes me think that I can not trust you.' Harry looked down and started buttoning up his blouse.

I didn't think of it like that. A sharp stab dug into my stomach when he said he couldn't trust me. My face must have held hurt because when Harry scanned me he sighed lightly. 'Char,' He looked me in the eyes, 'Were you listening?' I nodded and searched his eyes.

He sucked in his breath and closed his eyes.

After a moment he opened his eyes. He let out the air he had been holding in and looked at me before saying 'All of it?'

'I heard up until you told her to "Not do that", but I couldn't hear what you two where whispering,'

That seemed to make him relax a little; Harry walked past me, I turned after him to see he had grabbed my bag from my locker. He nodded toward the door, 'Come on, I'll drive you home,'

I didn't resist and let him lead me out the back door; I locked up and turned to fall into Harry again, hands landing on his hard chest. I gasped as he moved his large hand to the arch in my back. He moved so I am beside him but kept his hand on my lower back.

Harry led me toward his White Ford Carpi and opened the door for me, once in he shut the door gently and climbed in. Once in and the car was on he scanned my seatbelt and drove toward my house. I was surprised he had remembered where I lived.

Once in the driveway I sat in my seat for a moment, he looked at me. I raised my eyes to meet his; I waited mouth parted for him to say something, when he didn't I found myself thoughtlessly saying 'Would you like to come in?'

Without a word, he grinned, turned off the ignition and stepped out of his car.

Before I could grab my bag he had opened my door and was waiting for me to get out. I smiled and thanked him for opening the door for me; I walked past and opened the front door. I flicked on the light in the lounge room and threw my bag onto the coffee table.