Chapter Eight: Right Back At The Hospital Again...

Waking up in a hospital was the worst. Eli knew something was wrong and he called for an ambulence as soon as he could. He had to wait all night to know what was wrong with Luke. He remembered in health that if you drank too much it could lead to alcohol posioning or failure of some internal organs. He wanted to scream at the person he was supposed to call his father.

The last few time he stepped into a hospital was because of something that Luke did. Now it was his own fault that he was in the hospital and Eli was only there because he found his 'dad' unresponsive on the floor. The doctor came around the corner into the waiting room as Eli sat up.

"Eli Carter." He called and Eli got up and followed the doctor into the elevator and wondered what was going on. The doctor brought him to the third floor and they walked to room number ten and walked in. Eli had a feeling that something bad was about to happen.

"Okay Luke your sons here and I'll tell you whats going on."

Luke and Eli avoided each other, but at the same time said, "What!" after the doctor informed them on Luke's condition.

Eli was murmering to hiself that this couldn't be happening while Luke was mutter about how he didn't have the money to do the proceedure, yet alone know anyone who would be willing to donate a kidney. The doctor left and that's when the yelling started.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT ELI!"

"MY FAULT HOW YOU ARE A FUCKKNG ALCOHOLIC THAT DESERVES THIS."

"EVERY TIME I LOOK AT YOU YOUR MOM, MY WIFE IS STARING BACK AT ME AND TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT EVEN YOUR FATHER HAUNTS ME. I TOOK YOU AS MY OWN KID, BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE MY SON."

Eli's jaw fell to the floor at the words Luke screamed back at him. The man in front of him wasn't even his real dad.

"You lost the privilege of being my father a long fucking time ago and you will never get it back." He said calmly before walking out of the room shutting the door with a force that made the nurses jump. Pissed was an understatement with Eli at the moment. Everything he knew, how much of it was actually true. Wandering the hall ways until he found the stairs Eli grabbed the door and yanked it open. Walking down the three flights of stairs and out of the door Eli told himself that he was never going back to a hospital again. Little did he know is that he would find himself back there soon.

A week passed by and nothing felt the same to Eli anymore. He called Declan and told him that he needed to talk. It was Eli's personal therapist kind of. Declan wished he could do more to help Eli out, but he could not do anything without breaking laws. However every night for the next week Declan ate dinner with Eli until the night Luke could come home from the hospital. That was the night Eli was majorly dreading. Who knows what would happen. Eli hadn't been going to band practices anymore and Izzy was worried and he told her that he was going through some family things so he couldn't make it for the next few weeks. In his mind it tore him apart not going, it was the one thing that he still had left.

Luke was coming home today, yet Eli had school so that was a plus for him. The day went by way to fast for Eli though. The drive home wasn't long enough and he was at the door way to fast.

"Breathe, in and out." He whispered quietly to himself.

Nerves mades his breathes shallow as he gripped the doorknob and twisted it. Silence, was it good or bad, who knew? Eli ran up to his room and started his pre-calulus homework. After a few hours of homework he got a call from Jeremy asking if he could come over and they'd have a band practice. Eli immediately said yes wanting to get out of the house. Eli grabbed his song binder and shoved it into his book bag and ran downstairs.