Chapter Eleven: House Of Pain...

House Of Pain...

"You know why I didn't say yes to marrying Luke."

"I guess so, you are probably going to tell me anyway."

"Well, I'm not exactly sure how to put it, but I know that he isn't a father to you."

Eli had to refrain from saying something about that while being in the same room as Nora and Iz.

Nudging Eli she asked if she should go. "Iz stay please I don't care if you hear this if I want you to go I'll let you know."

Nora continued, "I knew you snuck out that morning he proposed and my father is George from the graveyard. So I called him up and he told me you went to visit your mother, which Luke never bothered to mention, so I felt like I didn't really know him. He just told me that Stacy was no longer in the picture and I had moved to town recently otherwise I should have known. To my point, I heard Luke screaming at you when you came back later and after that I left. I don't know what he's done to you before, but I'm here if you need to talk to anyone. I broke up with him and I believe he's like this now because of me. I got a call from him and he was drunk out of his mind and rambling about you and how he needed Stacy and he was dying."

Eli sat there and felt Iz's arm wrapped around his arm in support and at this moment all he could focus on was her touch or he'd lose it. Nora left him and the girl to their own and left the hospital. Izzy wanted to say something, however refrained after seeing the look on Eli's face. Suffice to say that he looked like he wanted to murder Luke, which was exactly what was going through his mind. She closed her eyes and laid her head against his chest feeling his hand run through her red hair. She began to doze off while Eli talked to himself, before falling completely asleep she muttered a sleepily happy birthday to Eli. He smiled placing a kiss upon the crown of her head and threw his head back closing his eyes as it was two in the morning.

"Should we wake them or let them sleep more?"

"That's the Carter kid."

"So we should wake him."

"Nah, let them sleep it was his birthday and they got here around two in the morning."

The nurse went back to work and Eli opened his eyes and looked down at the blanket that was thrown over the two as Iz was still asleep and he sat up slightly. Running fingers through her hair Eli let Izzy sleep for a little long as it was only eight in the morning. Playing games on his phone for about an hour until Izzy began to stir.

"Hey Iz time to wake up."

Mumbling she sat up unfazed by the blanket and Eli got up and asked the nurse about Luke.

"Room four seventy-eight fourth floor." Izzy gave the nurse the blanket back and they walked towards the elevator, Eli telling her that she didn't have to come however she insisted. He smiled and nodded while they walked into the elevator. Pressing the button to the fourth floor they waited as they rose to each floor. When the doors opened at the fourth floor they didn't expect to see Luke dressed and ready to go home. He got in the elevator without a sound and pressed the lobby button. After going down one floor the elevator abruptly shut off and emergency lights came on.

Izzy stood close to Eli and Eli stood as far from Luke as he could. Finally after five minutes of awkward silence Luke was the first to speak, "Whoring around are you?"

Eli pushed Izzy behind him and told Luke that she wasn't like that and told him to shut up. However Luke was still on a medicine from last night and he threw caution to the wind and say what was on his mind not paying attention to Izzy after his first comment.