Chapter Twenty-Five: What He Wouldn't Give

Chapter 25...What He Wouldn't Give

And he found a piece of paper left behind on the stage as Eli walked off smiling and stuck it in his front pocket of the jeans he wore. Earlier that month the first song off his album had been released. Everyone knew who Eli's real father was and Eli was finally getting along with Jeff. Things were looking up for Eli. No one believed Eli as he told about his life thinking he was some shallow ass looking for the sympathy of others when the news of Luke's condition came into the media. Then when the death came around the hears of the producers of the competition show and pictures of Eli attending a funeral people's eyes opened even if it was after the contest had already ended. Sure Eli resented his father ever since the death of his mother back when he was sixteen, but looking back at everything now, Eli was nineteen and had an important question to ask himself. Would he follow in the footsteps of this famous biological dad or would he make a name for himself without his biological dad's name haunting him like a ghost.

Today was the anniversary of Stacy's death. Three years ago Eli had a stable foundation upon which he knew everything was to be. In a moment of seconds his life changed in ways he could never have imagined. From the words, "I am sorry for your loss." To the countless threats and words that spewed from Luke's drunken lips. The abuse he took, the sleepless nights, the countless mental battles he faced by himself and now three years later Eli had a direction for his life. With and without his friends, who were with him when he needed and couldn't always be there for him, Eli never gave into the thoughts that told him to give up. He never quit on himself.

With Jeff, Eli's biological dad, never knew of Eli's situation and the gratitude he had towards his offspring even if he conceived the kid by adultery, he never would have looked back. A broken kid, in a broken home; he smiled and knocked on Eli's door that morning. By the time Eli met Jeff it was too late to do anything against Luke due to having him buried six feet under the ground. In Jeff's hand was a letter that would make Eli smile and could change his future.

Eli groaned sitting up from the bed in his room, as he now lived with Jeff ever since he found out who his biological dad was. Smiling as he entered Jeff wished his son a Happy Birthday causing Eli to blink a few times. He kind of forgot what today was as his birthday became obsolete over the last couple of years. Noticing two small white envelopes in the man's hand Eli smiled and quickly the doorbell rang and someone had entered the house. The familiar red dyed hair caught his attention followed by Jeremy's voice. His best friends and someone he as cheesy as it sounded began to unconditionally love was enough for Eli to almost cry. A tear threatened to fall as he gave a nervous chuckle out of habit and Jeff handed him the birthday card and the other envelope.

Eli knew one of the envelopes contained a birthday card and that was enough to push Eli over the emotional edge. Breaking down Izzy hugged Eli. Struggle to keep his composure he wiped the tears and read the card. After that he opened the other envelope.

And he read.

"Dear Eli Carter,

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you of your admission in Full Sail's Class of 2020.

Your acceptance is evidence of the Admission Committee's confidence in your potential, as well as recognition of your fine scholastic achievement and unique personal qualities. We believe you will have much to contribute..."

"I told you dork that you'd get in." The wise words from his red headed best friend.

"You can thank me now for making you send in your application now."

Eli smiled and laughed at the comment Jeremy made.

Getting out of bed Eli made his way to hug Jeff and thank him for everything, then moved on to hug Jeremy and Izzy. Izzy. She would always hold the spot in Eli's heart as his first love and best friend. She was now dating Officer Declan's deputy, Bentley. Jeff left Eli and his friends to catch up for a little only to remind Eli he had to be dressed by ten because he had planned something for Eli.