Chapter 8: Let's go to the mall, dressed like a Riley

Emily's POV

"Get up, my whores!" somebody shouts after hitting me in the face with a pillow.

"Nathena, we drove for a day. Shut the hell up and let us sleep," Izzy mumbles into the carpet.

"I suggest you get up if you want to get your phone back," she says. Our eyes shoot open, and we both sit up.

"How'd you know?" she asks.

"Oh please. I know my sister's crazy about Riley McDonough, but she's not that crazy," she says holding out her phone.  

@BYETheBestThing: OMG I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE RILEY TODAY HE'S SO HOT I JUST I CAN'T

"Wow, he got you down," I say, earning another punch from Izzy.

"It's too early for insults," she mutters.

"Actually, it's past noon. You guys arrived yesterday," Nathena tells us.

"By the way, Em, your phone keeps ringing."

It starts to ring, and I pick it up before Izzy can even think about answering it for me.

"Hey," I say when I see the caller ID.

"Hey, what's up?" Connor asks.

"So I heard that you were blowing up my phone," I say. Izzy and Nathena leave the room and go to the kitchen.

"I got worried. You said that you were going to call when you arrive at Izzy's house, and then you never did," he says.

"Connor, that's actually the sweetest thing I've ever heard," I say, which is true. The only people that worry when I don't call are my parents. My friends just make sure that they at least get a text the next day. Nobody's ever actually worried about me.

"I always worry about the people that mean the world to me," he says and I hear a smacking sound. Hand over his mouth.

"I'm guessing that wasn't supposed to slip," I say, giggling a little.

"You've got that right," he says.

"Don't be embarrassed. You mean the world to me too," I say.

"Really?" he asks.

"Yeah, you're an amazing friend," I say. That hurt me.

"Uh, yeah. You're an amazing friend too," he says. Izzy comes back into the room and motions for me to follow her.

"Look, I have to go, but I'll see you soon, okay?" I ask.

"Definitely. I'll be waiting," he says, and I hear the click, indicating that he hung up.

Izzy's POV

"Emily," we were sitting in the kitchen eating bagels,

"when are we going to meet the boys?" I was trying to make it sound casual, and not as if I was excited.

"Whenever they get here," She took a bite of her bagel .

"When is that?" I whined, I was the world's most impatient person.

"If I knew that, I would tell you."

"I cant, wait any longer!"

"Izzy, you really need to work on your patience."

"Don't tell me what to do!" I threw a small piece of my bagel at her.

"I just did, what are you going to do about it?" She flicked the piece back at me.

"Nothing, I'm too lazy to do anything about it."

"Where are you two going?" My older sister came running after us as we made our way out the house.

"We're going to the mall, there's nothing better to do."

"You're not going like that," She eyeballed me up and down. I had on a pair of toms, some high waist shorts, and a american flag cut off, with a jean-studded vest. I was going Hipster, with a hint of Riley (Hence the vest).

"Yeah, I am," I pushed her away from Emily's car.

"Whatever, you look retarded," She walked back to the house.

"Don't lie, Jesus knows when you're lying," I shouted, getting into the car.

"Buckle up, whore" Emily started the car.  

"I'll do what I want," She gave me a death glare, "Suddenly, I want to put on my seat belt."

"Yeah, you better," She smiled.

"Back up bitches, Izzy's going to the mall!" I screamed out the window, while we left my neighborhood and made our way to the mall.

Emily's POV

When we arrive, Izzy jumps out of my truck before I even park. "Izzy, wait up!" I shout. She skids to a halt, and I get out, closing the door and locking it behind me. I rush to her side. I feel underdressed compared to her. I'm wearing shorts, another volleyball jersey that's the same style (I'm not a whore. It's really hot down here), white and black Adidas Originals, and my red Ray Bans. My strawberry blonde hair is in crazy curls again because of the humidity, and I only have mascara on.  

"Em, you look fine. Anyways, we're just here to shop and talk," Izzy says, and we walk inside the air conditioned mall. She pulls me into Forever 21, and we look through racks of clothing.

"Izzy, what's on your mind?" I ask, reading her facial expression. She doesn't say anything for a few seconds.

"I don't know really know how to get Riley to like me," she says.

"Iz, he does like you. In case you forgot, guys can't really show their emotions well," I say, looking at a t-shirt.

"I think he hates me," she says. My phone vibrates.

Mr. Blue Eyes: Riley won't shut up about Izzy. Make it stop.

Me: I would love to help, but I'm too busy shopping.

"Em, stop texting Connor. This is serious!" she exclaims, stomping her foot like a toddler.

"Sorry, I thought it was an update of where they are," I say, putting my sunglasses on the top of my head.

We search through a few more stores, and we both buy a few more things. I end up bringing her to froyo, and we sit down.

"So you and Connor need to date," she says.

"Izzy, we're just friends," I say, the hurt dripping in my voice.

"Stop saying that! You're only hurting yourself when you say that! I know you wish there was something more, and so does he. I can see it when you skype. He looks at you differently. You two are totally and completely in love with each other," she says.

I throw my empty container away, and so does she. We leave, our bags on our elbows. We walk around, talking to each other when I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"I missed you," a familiar voice says. I turn around, and I smile, throwing my arms around his neck.

"I missed you, too."