Chapter Nine: Exes and Tiaras

Izzy's POV

"Did you ditch the Tiara?" I hear a whisper in my ear, my heart skips a beat.

"RILEY!" I turn around, and wrap my arms around him, in a tight embrace.  

"Izzy," Emily says loud enough for just me to here. She was reminding me to stay calm, don't be the creeper.  

"Someone's excited to see me," He squeezes me tight, his hugs where the best.  

"No, I just want my phone back," I push him away.  

"I'm going to miss this thing..." He pulls it out of his pocket, and holds it close to his chest.  

"Give it back," I reach towards it, but he has a tight grip.  

"Why should I?" He teases.  

"Because, it's mine and I missed it," I try grabbing it again, still failing.  

"What do I get if I give it back?" Riley Mcdonough was flirting with me, or maybe I was just imagining it.  

"A kiss," I quietly whispered.  

"A what?" He motioned with his hand, for me to speak up. It was really loud in the mall, thank God, or he might have actually heard what I said.  

"I said, you get the pleasure to see me happy," I smiled.  

"I know that's not what you said, but I'll let it slide," He handed me back my phone.  

"Thank you," I look away, knowing that I was blushing.  

"Your smile's beautiful," He whispers just loud enough for me to hear.  

"Don't you flirt with me!" I point a finger at him.  

"I was being nice, not flirting."  

"Oh, well um...where's Emily and Connor?" I look around to see if I could spot them, it was no use, they had ditched us. Damn it Emily! This must have been part of the plan her and Connor where discussing before I fell asleep last night.  

"I think they ditched us."   

"Great, I have to spend time alone with you," I playfully roll my eyes.  

"I'm not that bad," He takes a step ahead of me, and we begin our journey for the day.

"Starbucks!" Riley shouts, pointing to the Starbucks.  

"No, we're not going," I drag him by the hand, trying my best not to freak out. I was practically holding his hand.   

"Please, I'll pay," He begged.  

"No please don't," I took a slight pause. "Well, if you insist." I drag him into the Starbucks.  

The place is packed, we had at least a ten minute wait, before we would even be able to place our orders.

"If you wanted to hold my hand so bad you should of just asked," Riley smirks.  

"What?" I looked up at her, not comprehending what he was talking about. Then I realized what he was looking at. I still had a hold of his wrist, from when I was dragging him away. "Ohhhh." I quickly let go.  

"Nope, I'm paying for this, so I get to hold your hand," He intertwines his fingers with mine. I'm not going to say that my that I felt a shock run up my body, because that would be too cliché. All I'm going to say is half of my brain had shut down, all I was thinking about was him. He was here with me, he was holding my hand. If he were to let go, I wouldn't float away, no because if I did I would miss him to much. Also, because that's physically impossible.