Chapter 2

Levy P.O.V

I woke up with sun beaming down on my face. The GMG starts today. Yaay... I huffed and got out of bed. I headed straight to the bathroom, and I'm telling you, no matter how neat my hair is during the dya, I'm an absolute bed head. After brushing my hair and getting into my team clothes, I headed out the door to where our guild was sitting in the stands. It was the race that there was last year, and we decided who would go. "I think Levy should go." Lu said and I looked at her in complete shock. "I agree... Solid Script magic would do greatly in this." Erza said and the two others nodded. My mouth hung all the way to the ground.

"Send in your members for the race!" The announcer said and Lu literally pushed me off into the arena. I guess I have no choice anymore.

The race started, and I was in last place. Even the dragon slayers were ahead of me. I've never been so embarrassed in my life! I caught up to Ichya, and I thought of an idea.

Ichya sprayed perfume in the air and making many of the members that were close fall asleep. I have to act fast. "Solid Script! Fan!" I shouted and fanned away all of the perfume. Some of the members got up again, and passed me again. Oh come on! I pushed my legs, then I tripped and fell off the moving things. Tears sprung to my eyes.

Gajeel P.O.V

I saw Levy trip and fall off the death contraption. "Levy McGarden from Fairy Tail is disqualified. I heard snickers, then an image of Levy on the ground with tears in her eyes showed up on the screen. I felt a tang of pain in my chest. "What were they thinking putting in a weakling on their team?" I heard someone say and I growled. In the arena, Levy showed appeared and some people started laughing. She her face in her knees and sat there. Lucy and I jumped down from out seats and went over to help her.

AS we reached, she seemed to not have noticed our presence. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I failed everyone..." She muttered to herself and Lucy didn't hear. But I heard it loud and clear. "Levy, you did your best." Lucy soothed but Levy sat there.

Levy said she wanted to go on a walk, alone, and I couldn't convince her to bring someone with her. I sighed and headed back to my room.

Levy P.O.V

I declined as Gajeel tried to get me to let him come with me. I walked in the garden, and I heard people laugh at me. It wasn't dark, but the sun was setting. "Look, it's that girl who tripped and got disqualified from the event." Someone snickered and I ignored them. I walked in the beautiful city of Crocus and I entered and alleyway. I sat against the wall, and I cried to myself. "Look what we have here. A crybaby it seems." Someone snorted and I looked up. There was a man and a woman towering above her. "What do you want...?" I asked my voice quivering. "You really do put on a good show Levy. We haven't laughed that much in forever!" She snickered. "Who's laughing at whom?" A gruff voice that I came to recognize so much. "Gajeel..." I muttered.

The two left in fear of the Iron Dragon Slayer. "Shrimp, don't let those buffoons get t he best of you." He said and sat beside me. I was grateful for his company. I felt my heart flutter a bit as he sat pretty close to me. What is this feeling? Do... I like Gajeel? No, he's my friend... Only my friend... Before I knew it, it was dark out. "WE should probably go back to the dorms." I said and blushed when I found his head leaning on my shoulder sleeping. I felt myself fall asleep as well.

I woke up with a start jumping as I knew that I was forgetting something. My eyes widened as I realized I was still in the alleyway. I looked beside me to see Gajeel there as well. I saw a chibi version of Lucy in my head with devil horns and a devil tail. I shuddered. "Gajeel wake up!" I nudged him and he bolted upright. He looked around. "Huh?" He said and his eyes landed on me. We jumped to our feet at the same time and ran to the dorms.

I got into my room, and Lucy sat on my kitchen table. "Hello Levy..." She said grinning devilishly. "Gotta take my shower!" I yelled running into the bathroom lightly closing the door behind me.

After I got out I dried my hair and tied it into a ponytail and walked out. Lucy waited for me, and when she saw that I was standing there, she grabbed my hand a bolted out. "We've got five minutes before the games start again!" She shouted and I ran faster.

We were out of breath when we got to the stadium. "Chose your participants for today's first event. I can not tell you like I did yesterday." The announcer said and we chose Natsu to go. "Players from each guild, step into the stadium so we can begin!" Natsu, and other members from the other guilds stepped into the stadium. The one from Devil's Eye was a blue haired girl with brown eyes, and she wore a sleeveless silver and red shirt and mini skirt, with black leg warmers that reached mid-thigh with yellow dots looking like stars, and silver flats. I want to keep a close eye on that guild.

After the event, it was time for the solo battles. "Okay! Now, Ichya of Blue Pegasus versus Lyon of Lamia Scale!" Lyon won, and it was time for the next battle. "Gajeel of Fairy Tail versus Bacchus of Quattro Puppy!" He said.  "Great, an easy opponent. Just what I need." Gajeel grumbled jumping into the arena. As expected, he won. The last battle was Rogue from Sabertooth versus Kagura of Mermaid Heel. It ended up in a tie.

We started walking our way back to the dorms, and Erza and Lucy wanted to go shopping, but I was too tired, and Natsu took Happy to go eat. That left me and Gajeel alone. "You did great in the arena today Gajeel." I said and he looked at me and waved off the comment. "Bacchus was an easy opponent. I barely used any magic." He shrugged and I stayed silent. "Gajeel, I want you to answer me truthfully, no lies. Am I... weak?" I asked my voice cracking. "Sh-Shrimp..." He staggered. "I knew it. Why I'm even in this team is beyond me." I smiled weakly. "You are stronger than you think Levy. You just need to believe." He pointed to his heart. "Man, I suck at mushy stuff like that." He said and I giggled. At least he truly believes in me.