Chapter 9 - Final

Levy P.O.V

Yoru and I were in a cell when we woke up, and I had a pang in my heart. Why? Lu wouldn't even believe me! You have to trust your friends! You have to BELIEVE your FRIENDS. Maybe they were under a spell? I'm just getting my hopes up. It was all of their free will. I buried my face in my knees, that's when I heard someone talking. "Levy McGarden. Come with us." A man holding a metal baseball bat entered the cell. Fear pricked inside me. "And if you don't, we'll hurt your little friend." He smirked and my eyes widened.

I got up weakly and looked at him. "Levy... don't..." He said and I smiled. "Don't worry I'll be fine!" I tried to sound hopeful and cheerful, but I failed. They pushed me out of the cell and brought me into a room. They strapped me to a panel that stuck straight out from the ground.

"Be prepared for a world of hurt." He smirked and my eyes widened as I was scared for my life. They turned a switch on, and I felt horrible pain go through my body. I screamed in agony, and I heard Yoru's cries. "The Dragon Sword user is the key to us having all the necessary power to unlock where the Dark Swords are." My eyes widened as I remembered the dragon that gave me the sword about a year after I left Fairy Tail, before finding Destiny Mage.

*Flashback*
"Levy McGarden are you willing to protect the power of the sword? To not let it go into the wrong hands, so no one will ever be able to find the Dark Swords?" The voice that sounded a melody asked. I nodded, and a glowing sword fell into my hand. "Be careful, many villains will come after you."

*End of flashback*

I now know what she meant.

Gajeel P.O.V

Natsu, Wendy and I found their location, they tried to cover her sent, but it was still fresh and was easy to track.

We arrived at a tall stone castle, and Erza made the teams. Natsu and Lucy, Erza and Wendy, and I was on my own. Once we got in, we went into different parts of the castle. I had underground, Erza and Wendy had the left wing, and Natsu and Lucy had the right wing.

I heard cries that weren't clear enough for me to hear, and I raced down various halls, only to end up at a dead end. I ran down another one, surprised there weren't as many guards as I thought. "LEVY! LET HER GO!" I recognized slightly Yoru's voice. I heard screams of pure agony only making me go faster. I'm sorry Levy... I'm so sorry... I saw Yoru's cell, and a guar was telling him to shut up. I knocked him out with one hit, and Yoru had tears in his eyes. "You! You got Levy into this situation! Levy tries to act as if there's nothing wrong, but the one person she truly loves is too oblivious to see the situation! She cries herself to sleep on the train, and I'm pretty sure it's because of you!" He shouted, and I covered his mouth.

"Stop yappin'. I'm here to help. We all are." I snapped and he pointed weakly down the hall. I ran down and there was a big metal door. I couldn't open it, and it was made of iron, and I ate my way through. Levy was tied to a plank and she was screaming tears falling from her eyes. I gave the signal to everyone, and Natsu and Wendy could sniff out my location. I ran in after I called the signal, and a man looked at me with murderess eyes. "Ah! A dragon slayer! What a fun surprise. It will make this entertainment even more enjoyable!" He laughed manically. What a sicko. There was a bulb filled with orange substance that was probably Levy's magical power. Men pounced on me, and I tried fighting them off but man were they ever strong. "Gajeel..." Levy's voice was barely a whisper.

"It's almost done! Almost all of her magic energy is sucked out!" The man said. I have to stop that machine before he gets what he wants. I reached for the lever, but one of the men's powers was to dig tentacles into my skin. They grew and I was determined not to help. What is taking them so long? I took steps forward desperately trying to reach the lever. I grasped my hand on it, and pulled it back. The whole system shut down and Levy opened her eyes.