Chapter 8

Levy P.O.V

I left Magnolia early, not liking the drama around me. I cried myself to sleep on the train to Cedar. I couldn't stop feeling sad. I really loved Gajeel. I still do. I still love Gajeel. I left so he could be happy. I have to find something that makes me happy too.

I entered the guild, and all of the kids came running to me. "LEVY IS HOME!" A little pink haired girl jumped on me. "Big sister, why were you crying?" She asked. I smiled at her. Leave it to the little water dragon slayer to detect tears. "I'm alright Melody. Nothing to be worried about." I smiled and all the little kids looked at me. "Hey Levy." Someone called sending chills down my spine. It was my partner, Yoru. He has black hair, midnight blue eyes, and pale skin. He always wears a black cloak over a midnight blue T-shirt and jeans. I'm surprised he can even fight in that.

I looked at him and smiled. "What's up Yoru?" I asked and he looked at me with those blue eyes. "You do look like you've been crying. Is everything alright?" He asked and I nodded smiling. He's known me for seven years, and I know he doesn't buy it. "Can we talk outside?" He asked and I nodded.

I followed him out the guild doors, and he grabbed my shoulders looking me dead in the eye. "I know that something is wrong. You went to Magnolia, the place where you were born and where you're old guild was, and then you come back with tear stained cheeks. Does it have something to do with that Gajeel guy?" He asked and I nodded weakly. "I feel so weak when I cry. I hate it. I wear armor to protect my feelings." I answered and he nodded problematically. "You shouldn't wear armor. It looks more like you when you don't wear it. And beside, there is nothing wrong with crying." He stated and I nodded. He certainly knows how to make someone feel better. We walked to the ice cream parlor, which is the best place on Earth!

I'm really missing Shadow Gear. Jet and Droy, they were so fun to be with. Then I remember Lu, Erza, Juvia, Cana... I miss all of them. I couldn't go back there though. Yoru and I understand each other very well, and we have never gotten into a big fight.

It's been about a week since I went to Magnolia for the mission. I was bored, and I walked up to Yoru."Wanna go on a mission?" I asked and we headed to the mission board. "That one looks easy enough, and it pays really well." I winked and he laughed. "Let's go." He said and we walked out of our guild. "It's in Acalypha, so we're gonna have to take the train." We got into the train and sat across from each other. "The client sent it to two different guilds, so us and another guild. We have to find a beast that has been terrorizing the village. It lives under the forest ground. It should be easy." I recited what the mission, and he nodded thinking.

"It must be a dangerous beast if they called two guilds in. We should be fine since we are the guild's strongest, but I have to wonder... It seems fishy. To send it to our guild, when it had so many guilds close in Magnolia." He said his eyebrows creasing. "You're right. We'll have to keep our guard up. You never know what will happen." I said and he nodded. "It was on our side of the board, so the client might be looking for out strong members." He stated. He is absolutely right. "Did you bring your sword?" I asked and he nodded. His sword is invisible to everyone but him. I clutched the hilt of my sword, a looked around. No one seemed suspicious.

Once we arrived in Acalypha, we kept a close eye on everyone. Once we arrived at the destination our client asked to meet us, we were in the center of a forest. "Don't let people know you have a sword." I whispered and he nodded. We heard noises, and we were back to back. "Destiny Mage. To think someone of your caliber would show up here, on this petty mission. I didn't even need to use bate to get you here." A dark voice said and pounding footsteps were heard from their right. Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Gajeel, Kim, Gray, and Wendy arrived. "Get the bandits! They have been terrorizing and stealing from the city!" He exclaimed in distress. "Yoru," I started but was cut off by Erza who stepped forward. "Levy, you have been terrorizing the city?" She asked disapproval in her voice. "No! No we didn't!" I exclaimed but they didn't seem to believe me. I looked at Lu and she looked at the ground.

"This is your fellow guild, Levy?" Yoru asked. I nodded and I clutched my sword hilt. "Are you going to fight us?" I asked and they nodded. "I have no choice then. I don't want to do this, I'm sorry you got the wrong idea." I said unsheathing my sword. Yoru got into a stance, and we both prepared for their attack. Erza charged at me, and our swords clashed.  "Erza! Please! WE came here for a job!" I begged not wanting to fight her. "Then what is that?!" She demanded looking over at a bag of jewels behind me.

"I don't know what that is!" I exclaimed as I pushed Erza back and she slammed against a tree. Natsu lunged for Yoru. "Fire Dragon:" Before he could finish Yoru put his hand up. "Muffle." He chanted and Natsu's fire extinguished. "Wha-" He started but light aflame once again. Yoru was strong. He could handle himself.

Kim came at me, and I just dodged her attack. "Gold Dragon: Roar!" She shouted and I blocked it with my sword. "Dragon sword: Gold Dragon Roar!" I chanted, hitting her with her own attack. "Kim!" Gajeel shouted jumping into the air and catching Kim. I felt a pang of sadness inside my chest. Yoru looked at me. "Hey! You! Metal head! Fight me!" He shouted and Gajeel's head snapped in his direction. "What did you call me?!" He demanded. Uh-oh. "You heard me!" He shouted back and Gajeel lunged forward.

Kim was about to help Gajeel, but I stopped her. "Kim! I'm your opponent!" I had Kim, Juvia, Erza and Gray as my opponents. "Water Slicer!" Juvia shouted. I managed to block with my sword, but some got me. "I don't think that she'll be able to attack using no-dragon related magic since it is a dragon sword!" Kim declared and they agreed. "Please! I don't want to hurt you!" I cried but it went unnoticed. "It is your fault for stealing!" Erza declared running at me. I bit back the lump in my throat. "Dragon Sword: Water Slicer!" I chanted and it hit Erza but she blocked. Our swords clashed, and Gray, Kim, and Juvia attacked me from my open sides. I looked over at Yoru who was losing the battle between Natsu Gajeel and Lucy. "Yoru! Run! Get back to the guild! I'll handle things here!" I ordered but he continued fighting. "As if I would leave you here alone Levy! I'm your partner and I will stay!" He shouted back. I smiled to myself. "DRAGON SWORD SECRET ABILITY:  POWER ABSORBATION!" I absorbed magic power from my friends, so I wouldn't hurt them. The only ones still standing were Erza, Gajeel and Natsu and Kim. The others were struggling to get up, or were knocked out. Yoru had fallen against his opponents, and I was left to finish them.

"Please! I am begging you to believe me!" I begged but no one listened. Erza came forward holding her sword in hand. "I'm sorry Levy. But you have committed a crime. I can not forgive you." She said. Tears sprung to my eyes. "What happened? What happened to you guys trusting me?!" I screamed as tears fell freely from my face. NO! I won't cry! I will help Yoru, and get back to the guild! I fought off all of them, and I shot out attacks at them. "She's going easy on us because she doesn't want to hurt us." I heard Natsu whisper to Gajeel and Erza. They nodded and began attacking me. I simply blocked most of their attacks, not attacking them. I had no interest in doing so. "Stop this before it's too late! Please." I begged. I was on one knee and using my sword for support. I was panting. I couldn't take much more damage. "She took much damage. "Thank you Fairy Tail. You have done well. I have finally captured the Destiny Mage's strongest pawns!" He laughed evilly. I looked at them and they had wide eyes on their faces. "I... told you..." I said and they all disappeared.

Gajeel P.O.V

I can't believe we just did that! We sat on the ground in a forest in Magnolia. "She tried to tell us... We didn't listen." Lucy said tears threatening to fall from her face. "She was my best friend! I was supposed to believe her!" Lucy shouted getting up and running off. "Lucy!" Natsu called running after her. I also should have believed her. I feel so bad. I stood up. "We have to go save her. It's our fault that she and her friend are stuck in who knows where, so I think we should take the responsibility of finding her." I said and everyone nodded. "Alright, so Gajeel, Natsu, Lucy, Wendy and I will go look for Levy, Kim, Gray and Juvia go back to the guild and get some help. Your old friends could be useful as well Kim." Erza said and we nodded. After the three left for the guild, Natsu and Lucy arrived. Whatever Natsu did, it sure made Lucy feel better.

                                Erza explained the plan and they nodded, Lucy had a very determined expression on her face. "Let's go!" She shouted and we ran back to our previous destination.