Once Upon A Time (Special Story PART I)

Yahoo! :*

First off, I'm still alive (just struggling to finish the What If because I lack puns for Izuki's scene lool). So here's another short story in the meantime. This isn't the MidoTaka I promised you though. This is a mini-series I wrote for a very dear friend of mine, and for you guys to make up for not updating for centuries OTL

Dedicated to @IrisHanniwu because I love her so friggin' much :)

TRIGGER WARNING: Suicide.

-----

Once Upon A Time (Midorima Shintaro x Reader x Takao Kazunari) PART I

-----

It was ironic.

You wondered why it's called falling in love when falling implies collapsing; and collapsing means breaking.

People always see love as something grand, something we need, and we all momentarily forget that love makes us weak.

And that's where the irony lies.

You fell in love, felt complete, and didn't even realize that you were actually losing yourself. Love broke you and here you were, counting how many pieces of yourself had gone missing from the impact.

Then you realized, there were a lot.

It had been exactly a week ever since he broke up with you. But to you, it seemed only yesterday when he mustered up the courage to tell you what he truly felt.

"Let's break up, [Name]. I'm sorry, but please just forget about me and everything between us-nanodayo."

It didn't make sense at first, you didn't know what you did wrong for him to say those words---to end everything and break your heart. But when he turned his back on you despite seeing your tears, you finally came to understand why.

He had fallen out of love.

A soft sob escaped your lips as memories came rushing back at you, reminding you of the happiness you felt and will no longer feel again.

You took a step forward and stared at the water underneath your feet, reflecting the round moon above and the beautiful stars you used to admire. Then without so much of a noise, you let yourself fall, deeper and deeper, allowing the cold water to embrace you with a defeaning yet somewhat peaceful silence. You let the air inside of you ran empty, let the water drown you without putting up a fight, let the pain of not having him anymore die.

Along with you.

***

It was ironic.

He wondered why most people see love as the most powerful thing; a force that can withstand everything.

Midorima Shintaro thought so too, having you with him was perfection. Like everything was right and nothing could go wrong. It was so beautiful that he had momentarily forgotten the irony that lies beyond it's pretentious nature..

That sometimes, you couldn't stop fate from getting in the way.

Love is powerful, but the truth is, it is fate who decides.

And it showed him that he wasn't the right man for you, that no matter how hard he'd try, he couldn't defy it. So he had no choice but to end everything and say goodbye.

Only he didn't expect you'd be too broken to even stand up again.

Panting hard, Midorima impatiently waited for the elevator doors to open. Upon seeing that it was still up on the fifth level, he hurriedly ran towards the stairs, shoving aside the people who were blocking his way. He couldn't care less about the complaints and snide remarks he heard about his rude behavior, all he had in mind was that he needed to see you as soon as possible.