Chapter 6

Yayyyy update. Yayyyy Niannie. Yayyyyy memories. Yayyyyy people who still read this :)

I love you all so very much, and please let me know what you think of this in the comments :) You might be mad at me for a cliff-hanger, by the way. I know. I'm so mean >:D

Dear Annie,

Chapter 6

“Hang back a moment, Niall.”

I nodded, waiting for Simon to speak once everyone else left the room. He leaned forward, looking me straight in the eye. “You mean to tell me,” he pauses, looking through the glass doors at where I assumed they were waiting curiously, “that she doesn’t know anything about…anything?”

I nod. “Nothing.”

“Not a bit?”

I opened my mouth but stopped and thought. “Last night she had a flashback. About the first time she met you.” I watched Simon lift an eyebrow as he thought. I took this chance to turn around and see if they were still waiting.

Sure enough, they were. The good thing about this room was that even though you could see through the glass, you couldn’t hear through them.

“She hasn’t been on twitter?” he asked. I shake my head, no.“Tumblr?” he asks. Again, I shake my head, no. “Facebook? Nothing? Not even youtube?”

“Nothing. She almost found out when she saw her face on the news, but I never got around to explaining that and I think she forgot about it,” I explained to him. “I just don’t know whatto do. I want her to remember, I do, but I don’t want her fainting every time she remembers something.”

He didn’t say anything for a while. Then he looked up at me.

“Well, Niall, it’s obvious, isn’t it?”

I couldn’t help but to blankly stare at him. “Apparently not,” I lick my upper lip in anticipation. “What’s your big idea, Uncle Si?”

“You’ve got to re-create the letters! Make her remember everything by the letters!” he shouted.

Thank god the boys and Annie couldn’t hear anything. Annie would be dying of curiosity about what the hell we were talking about.

“What, you mean like make the letters almost alike, but this time, I send her a letter?” I ask, but I didn’t need to know the answer. My mind was racing a mile a minute.

I knew I could make her remember through the letters.

It was finally going to happen. I was going to get my Annie back.

***

Dear Annie,

Hello. You don’t remember me. I know you don’t. But I know you. You must be thinking I’m crazy, right? Shoot for it. I am. You’re crazy like me too. I know you are. Two crazy’s writing to each other. It’s always fun. It’s been fun, and it will be fun. Anyways, the point here is that there is no point. This was just a let’s-send-this-and-see-how-it-goes type of letter. But I guess I really want my once pen pal back. Would you be willing to re-become my penpal? By all means, don’t respond back if you don’t want to. Just toss this out, burn it even, if you think I’m a lunatic. I’m a boy, in case you don’t remember still. I know you always wanted to have a male pen pal, since not many of them ever really write as much as females. You wanted to get inside the mind of a boy. Re-explore, Annie.

P.S. You love chocolate chips.

P.P.S. I love chocolate chips too.

P.P.P.S. Hopefully, you’ll reply back, Annie. If not, sorry to have been a nuisance.