Chapter 8

Dear Annie,

Chapter 8

“You lied to me!”

“I’m sorry! I just-”

“Don’t! I can’t believe you! I hate liars!”

“I know! I know. I just couldn’t-”

“I hate you!”

My eyes snapped open. Worst dream ever.

But Zayn was right. What would happen when she found out that I lied about Natasha being able to have kids? If only there could be some miracle where Natasha found out she was pregnant…

Should I tell her? Should I not? What if she hates me either way? I’d be damned if I did say anything, and I’d be damned if I didn’t.

I sighed, shutting my eyes for a brief moment.

Annie is going to kill me.

“So, you know how you hate liars?”

Annie looked up from her book. “Yeah. What of it?”

I paused, twiddling my thumbs as my eyes flew around the room, taking no more than two seconds to look at any one thing. “Well, uh…You know I love you, right?”

Annie lifted an eyebrow. “Yes. What of that?”

“Uh…” I trailed off. I didn’t want to say it. I didn’t want to at all. “So, you know how you hate liars?” I ended up repeating.

Annie slammed her book down and walked towards me. “What did you lie about?!” she asked, sounding exasperated.

“Who? What? Me? No, I never-”

“Niall,” she cut in, giving me a hard look. “Just say it. I promise I won’t be mad.”

“Natasha can’t have kids,” I quickly said and ran out of the room.

“WHAT?” is the last thing I heard from Annie, before I locked myself in the bathroom.

It took all of ten minutes for someone to try and enter. “Hurry up!” Harry whined from the other side of the door. “I have to pee!”

“Go use the other bathroom!” I hissed. “I just told Annie that Natasha can’t have kids and she’s going to murder me, so don’t tell her that I’m-”

“Oh, Annie! Niall’s in the bathroom. Told you he didn’t take the car!” Harry shouted.

Damn you, Harry.

“Niall!” Annie exclaimed, knocking on the door. “Open up!”

“Are you going to murder me?” I asked.

She sighed. “No.”

I opened it and she threw herself at me, making me stumble backward as Harry ran in as well. I thought she was going to hit me, slap me, do something.

Instead, she gave me a hug.

“Is there a misunderstanding here?” I asked. “I did tell you that Natasha, your sister Natasha, is unable to have children…right?”

“Yes, yes,” Annie waved it off, not letting go of me. If I’m honest, I didn’t want her to let go. “But you told me, instead of waiting for my memory to come back. So thank you.” She suddenly stepped back. “Oh geez,” she sighed, looking away. I turned to see Harry, casually taking a whiz.

“Don’t mind me,” he said. “Just trying to empty my bladder,” he sarcastically added.

“Right,” I mumbled. “Sorry mate, er…have a good time…emptying your bladder.” With that said, I pulled Annie out. “Sorry,” I told her. “You’re probably scarred for life now.”