Chapter 6: Regina's POV

She walked into the kitchen, which was spotless as usual. She could never really forget to clean up after herself or Henry. She just needed to get away from that woman. That Emma Swan. There was just something odd there. Something somehow familiar. Not that Emma herself was familiar but a feeling that she caused. Regina refused to think on the little feeling there. She refused to give it a name and refused to acknowledge it but still, she had to get away from her.

     After dinner, Emma was still there, talking to Henry. Regina stood in the kitchen, palms down on the counter, head down, staring at the floor. How was she going to kill this woman for Mr. Gold? And why?

      "Mom are you okay?" It was Henry. Regina turned and looked at him.

     "I'm fine, dear," She said, "Just thinking."

      "I was wondering...." Henry hesitated, "Could Ms. Swan just stay here in the spare room? I mean she said she wasn't planning on staying here that long and she doesn't seem like she has enough money to pay for a few more nights at Granny's."

Regina stared at her son for a long time. The blonde woman must have charmed her son real good in the past hour and a half. 

       "I'm sure she has more than enough." Regina finally said.

       "She hinted that she didn't." Henry replied in a quiet voice, "Said she didn't really bring a whole lot of money with her because she wasn't planning on staying anywhere."

Regina flashed a glare in the general direction of where Emma was in the house.

        "I'll talk to her." she said, "In the meantime, you go do your homework upstairs."

Henry nodded and scurried off up the stairs. Regina groaned and walked into the living room where Emma sat, looking at Henry's book of fairytales.

      "Ms. Swan." the blonde looked up at the sound of the Mayor's voice, "It's come to my attention, no offense, that you look like you wouldn't be one to carry a lot of money around."

The lie slid off Regina's tongue easily.

     "Uhm...No, I'm not, actually." Emma replied, standing.

     "Granny's can get pretty expensive." Regina continued, "We have a spare room here and the house is large enough for one more so if you would like you could stay here, given that you help with cleaning and cooking while you're here. How long will that be anyway?"

Emma stuttered over a few words before clearing her throat.

     "Maybe a week." she said, "I really have nowhere else to go and I'm...on vacation."