Chapter 11: Emma's POV

Emma's hand squeezed the handle though she wished it was the trigger instead. She needed to do this. It was this or both of them. She could easily kill Regina and then bring the kid with her to Boston and drop him off at some random orphanage or something. It was that easy. But Regina's calm, fearless look made her hesitate too much. Made her want to go in for another kiss. Kiss or kill. It was her choice now, just as it was Regina's just minutes before.

She sighed and lowered the gun, sliding it back into its holder on her side. She looked back at Regina who had her eyebrows raised. Emma grabbed the mayor by her waist and pulled her against herself before locking their lips together. Regina rested her hands on the blonde's shoulders, returning the kiss with more passion than Emma could name.

"What are we going to do about Gold?" Emma whispered against Regina's lips.

"We'll figure out why he wants us both dead." Regina said, pulling away completely, "We'll each visit him with a false plan on how to kill the other and then just slide in the qestion of why he wants the other dead casually."

Emma nodded. It seemed like a good idea but she had doubts about whether or not it would actually work. Gold was smart. Too smart. If he suspected anything there was more doubt that they would both be dead. She wished so bad at that moment she could just turn all her emotions off and kill this woman. Then she could return to Boston and forget everything. She could quit this job and find a different one. But her feelings were growing for Regina and there was nothing she could do about it.

"so what's our plans?" She asked.

"we'll have to come up with them ourselves." Regina said, "He knows us both too well for us to trick him with just me coming up with them. Just think of how you normally pull off a joband go with it. But I have to get to mayor business so I suggest you go. Make up your plan, speak to him and then just go home and I'll see you a little later. Then we'll talk about.. .other things. "

Emma nodded and left without another word. She was angry. At herself, at Regina, at Gold. She was pissed because of her feelings and pissed that Regina returned them and pissed that Gold did this with this assignment. She thought through everything on her way to Gold's shop, this on her way to his shop. She thought up a plan. A fake but perfect plan. He wouldn't suspect a thing. At least that's what she hoped as she opened the door to his shop.