Chapter 13: Emma's POV

Emma locked eyes with the mayor who looked down quickly. She reached forward and took Regina's hand. The brunette looked back up at her and gave her a half smile.

"Emma.." Regina started. But Emma shook her head.

"Don't say anything," She said, "Just...shh."

She leaned forward and kissed the mayor softly. Regina brought one hand up and cupped Emma's cheek, kissing her back. Emma deepened the kiss and pulled the other woman closer. She heard and felt Regina's breath change and shifted so she was straddling her waist. Regina's hands went to Emma's sides and the blonde's tongue traced over her lips.

The mayor let out a soft moan before pulling back, breathing a bit heavily.

"Emma.." She said, "Not tonight. Please. It's been a long day. I'm sorry...I just can't."

Emma smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry about it," She said, "It's okay. It's late anyway so if you just want to go to bed then okay."

She stood up. Regina followed.

"Sleep with me," She said, taking Emma's hand.

Emma smiled and went with her. She wasn't upset at all about them not going further. She understood completely. As she and Regina got into pajamas she thought through everything. Her past love life wasn't the best either. She thought of this as her second chance at love. Well more like a tenth chance. But another shot anyway.

She laid next to Regina who snuggled into her arms. This woman was someone she was going to kill not to long before and now in a sick twist of fate, became a woman she was going to protect at all cost. The feelings Regina Mills gave her seemed to rush in almost too fast. If Gold knew...they'd both be dead in a second.

Emma laid there silently, listening to Regina's breathing fall into a soft rhythm. She smiled and pulled the woman closer to her gently before finally closing her eyes and drifting off to the most peaceful sleep she'd had in years.