The Dance

Valentine's POV

"I don't want him to take me. I want you to take me."

That's what I hear. Those are the words that come out of my little girl's mouth. I sigh before stepping into her room. She looks up at me. She sighs.

"Are you ready Clary?" I ask her.

"I guess," she says. She stands up and sighs again. We go out to the living room. Jocelyn hands me a bag and says it's Clary's clothes for tonight and tomorrow.

      "Bye Mommy," Clary says giving Jocelyn a hug. Then she gives Luke a hug.

Clary's POV
I give my mom and Luke a hug. Then I follow my father out to the car. He puts my bag in the back and helps me in. Then he gets in.

"I know you still hate me from before," he says as he starts the car. I ignore him.

     When we get to the dance I look for Izzy. When I see her I run over. I give her a hug and tell her who brought me. We spend most of the dance whispering about it.

Valentine's POV
      Clary and her friend keep whispering. At the end of the night we drive to my house and she falls asleep in the car. I pick her up and take her to her room. I just leave her in her dress but I take her shoes off.

    "Goodnight Clarissa," I say then I kiss her forehead. I leave the room.