chapter 28

Izzy's POV
   After I get Clary to calm down and come out of the bathroom she goes over to Jace. Jocelyn comes over to me as I see Jace whisper to Clary.

   "Thank you for getting her to come out," Jocelyn says.

   "Oh it was no problem," I say, "you have all been through a lot. If you need anything let me know."

   "I will," she says as Jace and Clary come over.

   "Izzy we need to go dress shopping tomorrow after school," Clary says.

   "You're going back to school?" I ask and she nods.

Clary's POV
    We head to the cemetery to bury Valentine. Jace and Izzy stay with us the whole time. I hear Izzy ask my mom if I could go dress shopping tonight instead. My mom tells her that I can and I walk over to them.

   "It's time to head back baby girl," my mom tells me. I nod as Jonathan comes over.

   "Jace is going back to his house," he says, "are you going with them Izzy?"

  "I'm going to hang out with Clary for a few hours," Izzy tells him as Mayrse comes to ask Izzy if she is going home. Mayrse must have heard her because she turns and goes to her family. I smile at this as we walk to the car. We get in and me and Izzy get in the back. She shows me a picture of her homecoming dress. Her dress is white with silver and gold sparkles. The skirt of it starts of as white and fades into pink. She also got a silver and gold necklace.

   "That's beautiful Izzy," I say, "it's perfect for you."

   "Thanks," she says, "have you decided what color your dress is going to be?"

   "Not yet," I say, "has Maia, Aline, or Helen got their dresses yet?"

   "Aline and Helen got their dresses, but Maia was waiting to get her dress when you got your dress."

   "I will text her," I say as I pull my phone out.

   Izzy is taking me shopping 4 a homecoming dress. Want 2 come? Meet @ my house in 5- C

   Already there. She texted me 5 minutes ago -Maia

  K see u in a few -C

  "She is already at my house," I say. A few minutes later we pull up to the house. Maia is sitting on the porch. She gets up as I climb out of the car. I run over to her and give her a hug.

   "I'm glad you decided to start talking to us again," she says, "and I'm sorry about your dad."

  "Thanks," I say, "let me go change my clothes."

   I run in and change into a plain black shirt and a pair of jeans. I pull on my jacket before grabbing my purse again. My mom is waiting with a credit card.

   "Luke is dropping you off and Jon will pick you up. You can buy whatever you need for homecoming with this," she says.

   "Thanks Mom," I say giving her a hug. I grab the credit card and head out to Luke's truck. Maia and Izzy are sitting in the back. I open the door to the back and Maia hops out.

   "Get in Loser we're going shopping," she says. This makes me laugh as I climb in. Izzy starts laughing too which makes Maia laugh.

    "Are you girls ready to go?" Luke asks us and I nod. We keep quoting random movies which makes us laugh. At one point Luke looks at us through the mirror like we are insane. This makes me laugh even harder. We get to the mall and get out.

   "See you later Luke," I say before shutting the door.

    We go in and Izzy drags us to the first store. We decide to pick out two blue dresses for Maia and two black and two green dresses for me. I immediately go to the black ones. I look through them until I find two that I like. Isabelle comes over with two green ones and Maia comes over with one blue one.

   "I really like this one," Maia tells us.

   "Go try it on," Izzy says. Maia nods and we head toward the dressing rooms. Maia tries hers on and comes back out. The dress is perfect on her. She changes into her normal clothes and goes to pay for her dress. Jace and Jonathan walk in at that moment. Maia points over to us and they come over.

   "Which one should I wear?" I ask them. They look at the four dresses before Jonathan heads to the racks. He searches through them until he finds one he likes. Then he comes back over to us.

   "Try this one on Rissa," he tells me. I take it from him and go into the dressing room. I change into it before stepping out of the dressing room.

2 hours left until the Shadowhunters Premiere! The dress above is Izzy's!