Chapter twenty seven: ice burgers

Chapter twenty seven- ice burgers

Harmony's POV:

I don't know what I'm doing anymore. To be honest I think I was pretending to be mad right now. Bruce called me hours ago and said to meet him at town square, nine o'clock, so I put on some warmer clothes, made myself look presentable and made my way to the center of Gotham city.

I was surprised to see that the people of Gotham were starting to emerge back from their homes, as the streets still looked as busy as they always did. Things like mass poisoning obviously didn't make much of an impact these days. I can't say I was even thinking twice before drinking a glass of tap water.

The national guard seemed like they were everywhere. Tanks and jeeps full of men in black suits filled the streets, a lot of them also wore body armor.

I gasped suddenly as a leather glove tapped on my shoulder. Relieved, I found that it was only Bruce who was standing behind me. He was so cute looking that I couldn't help smiling a bit before pretending to be mad again.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I'm sorry."

"care to elaborate?"

"I had to run out because someone called me and said we were close to a cure for the happy juice poison, an antidote.  I don't know if you've heard the news but Waynetec figured it out and lives were saved."

"Well, that IS a pretty good excuse."

He took my hands in his own "it's not an excuse. How I treated you was wrong and to make up for it I've got dinner plans for us."

Oh great he was going to take me somewhere nice and I was wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and a thick wool cardigan. I was going to look like a homeless person compared to him in that business suit and tweed coat he was wearing.

"Follow me," he smiled ecstatically.

I dragged me down the street and to a brightly lit neon sign that said 'Mama Betty's Best Burgers'. Outside in the patio seating area there was a rose on a table and two plates full of fries, and a burger for each of us.

"I would have ordered you a milkshake but I wasn't sure you'd like it since your lactose intolerant?"

My heart fluttered, he remembered "I'll do fine with water."

"Sit down," Bruce guided me to the table and pulled out the chair for me. The entire time my stomach was doing flips, as a woman I couldn't deny that this was the cutest thing in the whole word.

"Harmony, I really like you and I want this to be an honest relationship so I'm going to tell you right now that I swear on my parents grave that I will not keep anything from you that effects you or your well being, or your feeling toward me, as long as you do the same."

I felt really guilty all of the sudden, I had to tell him about Batman. I had to tell him I had feelings and that I kissed him "Bruce, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" He seemed genuinely concerned.

"I-I kissed another guy."

When I looked at his face for some sort of clue to what he was thinking I was upset to find that he looked for a split second kind of relieved. But right after he was disappointed.

"Who? When?"

"It's kind of hard to explain, it was late last night and I was so distraught over you and it just sort of came out of nowhere okay."

"Who was it," he spoke more demanding.

"It was um, it was Batman."

He raised at eyebrow and looked severely confused "batman? You kissed Batman?"