Chapter twelve: how to win

Harmony's POV:

I rolled out the punches as best I could into the thick and hard sand bag. Defense training was harder than I thought, but it was worth it to see Bruce shirtless and sweaty. Honestly I wasn't very good at defense training, as well as any kind of physical activity.

Since the incident with the news Bruce had a few press meeting, describing the true nature of our relationship. I had quit my job at the news station perminantly, and I've beening looking for any job I can get snapping photos. Much to my dismay all the tabloids and news casters wanted nothing to do with me. Another let down was that I was relying on Bruce to pay my next rent, which even if he had the money to spare, bothered me a lot.

"Harmony?" Bruce asked me in mid punch.

"Yes?"

"As you know Christmas is only a few days away, and I was hoping you'd like to come to my annual Christmas Eve party at the Wayne Enterprises ballroom. If you want a dress I can get one for you."

I was a little shocked with his offer. I totally forgot about Christmas. Besides with all the attention our relationship was getting these days I didn't think he wanted to parade me around.

"I don't know, I'm not really close with any of your rich friends."

"Oh please, mingling will be easy when you'll be the topic of intrest, trust me it's not hard to entertain those barbaric buisness robots, all you have to do is be smart, and last time I checked, you were."

"I can disagree with you on that one."

How could he think I was smart, for fucks sake I tripped into him and cut my head on his broken wine glass.

"You're dating me? I'd consider that a smart choice any day."

"I'll think about it, but you have to promise me that I will get to pay and buy my own dress, and I don't want any gifts at all what so ever, are we clear?" I poked his chest.

In a sweaty for of passion we started to kiss.

"Not even one present?" He said through gasps.

"Not even one."

"You know you don't have to pretend like you don't want me for my money, I understand it's a tempting attraction," he played.

"I would still love you if you got me a bottle cap ring for a proposal."

I felt his lips curl into a smile as we continued our kiss, falling on the exercise mats on the floor.

Besides my loss of employment, so far my life was looking upward. I'd spent the last two weeks building up our relationship, and my confidence. I'm no lioness yet, but I'm hoping that to the streets of Gotham I no longer look like a succulent sheep. Especially if I get into trouble I won't have Batman to look forward to anymore. Certainly not after I accused him of stalking.

"I need to make plans for the party, it's tomorrow at nine," he lifted me off the floor. With one last peck on the lips I left him.

"Oh and one more thing," he stopped me at the doors.

"Don't wear heels."

------------------------

I waisted no time calling Daisy to help me get a dress. I didn't hold a grudge over the night at the club, though it could have gone better, if she hadn't left I would have never been reunited with Bruce.

"So what kind of event is this exactly?" Daisy asked.

"I just need an evening gown, something I can move around in and still look hot."