Chapter fourteen: Merry Christmas

Chapter fourteen: merry Christmas

Bruce's POV:

I'd checked the perimiter of the theater a few times before I went in. There seemed to be no sign of any disturbance. Yet I knew of the jokers cunning ability to fool me, and I was extra careful. Just because a weirdo that snuck into my party was warning my girlfriend not to go somewhere didn't mean the Joker had planned anything. Actually, maybe it did. The point of the matter was to make sure nothing went wrong, for certain, and I had to be at the top of my game.

I snuck into the dark theater, and hid amoungst the high ceiling rafters, where the ghosts from the play were supposed to fly across. Hundreds of people sat below me, laughing and smiling with Christmas spirit. It reminded me of a time, the time that I went with my parents to play, how I had asked them to leave because I was afraid. Now all these people could die, I had to stop it.

"It was a dark Christmas Eve at the Scrooge and Marley buisness, for as you see, Marley had just passed away that very evening," the play began.

Fifteen minutes without a problem, and my mind was starting to play tricks on me. Every move in the crowd made me cautious.

Scrooge was now in his bed, waiting to meet Marley again in his chains. There was a fake wall from which Marley was going to appear, with a door inbetween. Scrooge shot up as the door flung open, and then he screamed, not because he was supposed to, but becuase the actor playing Marley fell over onto his face, with a knife sticking out his back.

Behind him was none other than, the Joker.

"Wow, he really knows how to drop dead, you could get a few tips from this guy," he directed towards the actor playing Scrooge. I got into a position, ready to attack, but I held it, just in case.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he spoke to the screaming and stunned crowd.

"Please, stay in your seats, or my clowns will have a few thinks to say about it, won't you boys?"

A loud string of gunfire rose, the clowns were shooting into the air. The screams got louder, and the people panicked in their seats.

"Quiet! Didn't anybody tell you it was rude to talk during a show?" The Joker walked across the stage.

"This is how it's gonna go people, you give me something, and I don't give you anything, but if you don't give me something, I'll give you a free bottle of my new drink, I like to call it happy juice, because it, well it makes me happy."

I quickly got to work, swooping down into the shadows. I spotted out as many clowns as I could, as they took bags around the theater, collecting valuables. There were thirty of them, not including the five on stage with the Joker.

I got to work taking them out stealthily, telling people to stay quiet as I passed them.

"I think the name happy juice is a little corny right? Like Batman, come on people, Batman? That's so lame, why not the Joker, it's so original."

I had them all now, none of them even suspected me, and I saw the Joker squinting his eyes into the crowd looking for some sort of sign things were alright.

"Hey you," he picked one of his guys off the stage.

"Yes boss?"

"Go down there and see what's taking so long."

The man followed his orders, walking off stage, and right into my hold. Unfortunately he grunted rather loudly when I pulled him away, and it was heard.

"What was that!" The Joker yelled, getting angry.

There was no hiding now, so I walked onto the stage, as a light followed me.