Chapter eleven: girls night out

Harmony's POV:

All I'd gotten from Bruce was a single text message, saying that he didn't want to talk to me about it. After that I stopped trying to communicate with him, and instead moved back into my shell of discomfort and depression. I can't believe it was over already, it was like a dream. He was the most amazing man I'd ever met, and though I knew it was impossible for him to be with me I still was expecting to be.

As for work I have yet to show my face. What that asshole did was unforgettable. To beileve that he would do this to me! I was the one who asked him if he was alright and if I could help him. Does he have any conscience, to ruin the life of a recently damaged coworker. How was I even supposed to pay for my apartment anymore.

The phone rang, it was Daisy again. I knew she had absolutely nothing to do with the whole ordeal but hearing her happy go lucky, obnoxious voice made me cringe.

"One new message," my phone announced after it finished ringing. I watched the cell out the corner of my eye, until I convinced myself to listen to it. It was the first time out of the last eight calls that had a message.

"Harmony oh my god please talk to me, I'm worried about you, and I'm coming to your house right now, I swear on my life if your hanging from the ceiling fan I will bring you back from the dead and kill you again myself," the message played. I had to think about what she said before it registered in my brain. She was coming over here. Fantastic.

I looked down at my soft bathrobe that I'd been wearing for the past two days while doing nothing but watching tv and shoving popcorn down my throat. If I looked this bad already I forbid myself to look at my hair and mascara streaked face in the mirror.

Before Daisy showed up I managed to put on some jeans and a sweater, and collect all of my tangled hair into a ponytail.

No less than three seconds after I finished a rapid chain of fistful knocking noises began at the door. If I didn't know it was Daisy I wouldn't have overlooked the thought of a woodpecker.

When I opened it, imeadiantly I was yanked outwards and suffocated in a tight hug.

"You're a bitch Harmony, I really hate you for scaring me like that," she spoke still squeezing me.

"Your killing me," I said quickly. She gave one last deathly squeeze and then let me go.

"What have you been doing for the past three days!" She looked behind me at the apartment.

"On a short note, absolutely nothing."

"So you couldn't have just texted me then?"

"I don't really want to be reminded of work right now Daisy, I sort of want to be alone."

"Do you not like me?" She asked honestly. I wanted to say she got on my nerves and more often then not I'd prefer not to hang out with her, but Daisy was still a friend, one of my only friends and I couldn't be mean to her.

"No I don't hate you."

"Really because you continue to avoid me and not tell me important things about your life, for instance how you were doing Bruce Wayne of all people."

"That's over now, and I didn't want to avoid you I've just had so much on my plate lately and I just need to get away."

Daisy was silent for a moment and then her face lit up the thought of something, "let's go clubbing!"

"What, now!"

"Relax it's only seven, we need to get you looking good before we go, I also I bought a dress recently that would look so cute on you."