Chapter nine: replacements

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING: MILD SEXUAL CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*if you do not at all like to read these part of a story then you may skip the chapter but there are some crucial dialog and building in their relationship. It's honestly not that bad.

**********************************

I lugged myself into my apartment closing and locking the door behind me. On my way in I spotted the cracked frame of my shitty Batman photo, at least I could replace that. What I couldn't replace was the horrid smiles of the jokers victims. The increase in the amount of people he's infected were starting to worry me personally. It's not like Gotham had enought to worry about anyways. I contemplated leaving before, I could have moved to Metropolis or Starling City, there was no leaving Gotham though not for me at least.

There was a knock at my door, shit it was Friday, the rent.

"Listen I've got the money I've just been buisy lately and I didn't have time to-" I stopped as I saw Bruce Wayne glaring at me. Bruce Wayne was at my crap apartment in the middle of the night?

"Is there a problem?" He asked raising a brow.

"No I just thought you were my landlord, uh come in?" I stepped aside, trying to be polite. From behind Bruce I spotted a wide open mouthed Ruth holding a cigarette between two fingers and giving me a thumbs up with her other hand. I smiled back at her closing the door behind us.

"I'm sorry about the mess if I knew you were coming I'd have cleaned up."

"It's not a problem really," he assured. I moved an old empty pizza box off my couch and offered him a seat.

We sat down together on the couch looking straight forward awkwardly.

"You've been ignoring me this past week," I said quickly.

"I'm sorry really but there was these meetings with China and then today was Japan, but it's no excuse for not making any time for you."

"No it's not, but I'm not mad, I can't be mad right now."

There was another very quiet moment and then Bruce stood up.
"I brought some wine, if you'd like some?" He pulled the clearly very expensive bottle out of his bag. It obviously beat having Harold drink beer after beer without me, then using me as a punching bag later.

"Uh, sure why not, I'll go get some glasses."

Bruce didn't say anything but I saw he noticed my hesitation. When I returned with the glasses I found Bruce staring at my shelf of broken picture frames.

"Did you drop all of these or something?" He asked holding up a picture of me and my mom when we were happy, the two of us smiling at a zoo.

"I knocked the whole thing over about a week ago, just haven't got around to replacing all the frames yet."

"And who's this guy?" Bruce pointed at one of Harold, which I forbid myself not to get rid of due to his passing.

"My husband," I said blantantly. Bruce gave me a questioning and suprised look.

"Don't worry Mr.Wayne he's my ex-husband and he's dead, trust me when I say you have nothing to worry about when it comes to competing with a dead beat and dead man."