A Lie?

I awoke to an uncomfortable feeling against my cuffed wrists. Cuffed? Glancing down, I saw an iron cuff clamped around each wrist, the edges digging into the flesh. I glanced around me. I was in Loki's cell room. Not in the cell itself, but chained to one of the rock walls.

I stood up and noticed my feet were chained as well. It was morning, the sun peaked from the horizon. It was a beautiful sunrise, casting an orange pink glow across the sky. When I lowered my head, I felt a clink of iron. Raising me cuffed hands, I felt my neck. Cuffed as well. I sighed in frustration.

I looked to Loki's cell and saw he was no longer in it, the golden fence- like walls no longer were visible. A moment later, Loki jumped down gracefully from the ladder and laughed.

" Oh darling! The look on your face is priceless." He said with a sarcastic smile.

I was so confused.

" What? What is going on Loki?" I asked, my heart pounding. I was screaming inside. Praying, hoping against hope that this wasn't what I thought it was.

" You, Lola, are a fool! It was so easy! You were easy. The moment I saw you, I saw an opportunity, an easy target. And you made my job so much easier by offering to visit me! All it took was a little bit of lying and emotion. As soon as I gained your trust, I set everything in motion." Loki said, his voice triumphant and heartbreakingly cruel.

I stared at him, not believing. Had all of this been an illusion? A lie?

" Lawrence came to visit me after you did that first day. He had followed you. He too was an easy target, but he came with a price. I promised him everything he wanted in exchange for cooperation. He distanced himself from you, pretending to love you from afar. Then, I pretended to feel awful about myself and you, like the idiot you were, fell for it. That's when I knew I had you."

I was crying by now, the tears of rage, betrayal, and pain making trails down my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away but I only scratched my face with the cuffs on my wrists.

" He came and did all I asked, knocking you out and pretending to be insane. Then I made up that story about you being locked up with me. I pretended to be heartbroken and sad and the funny thing was that you actually felt bad for me. I almost laughed when you hugged me for the first time. That's when I realized that this would be a lot more painful then I intended it to be. I realized that you didn't just care about me, you weren't just a friend, you loved me. Maybe next time you will think twice before giving your heart to someone who will just break it." He said with a laugh.

The pain inside of me felt as though someone had stabbed me in the heart and then twisted the knife. I was struggling to breath through all the sobs and half screams that were trying desperately to escape me.

" What will you do with me now?" I asked with a gasp.

" Now? I plan on leaving. Escaping. I have a place far from here where I can plan and think freely. You my dear, are insurance. I can go anywhere and do anything, for my favorite thing about heroes, is that they wont risk one innocent life for the capture of a villain. I will escape with you and Lawrence will get his gold that he wanted. You see, before we go, I want to pay a visit to my old home. I couldn't have planned this better, Odin will not find out until he returns and my fool of a brother Thor wont return in time. Nothing can go wrong." Loki said, his voice dripping with venom.

I sat against the cold rock wall, my knees pulled close to my body. Loki walked over, I stared at my boots. He lifted my chin and grinned. I tried to pull away but he held me in a vice like grip.

" You were a fool my dear. You didn't run while you could. You convinced yourself that there was a man under all that monstrosity, but you forgot that there is nothing but a monster left of me. You didn't believe me, so now, you get to watch!" He said, releasing my face.

He climbed the ladder after informing me he would be back later to release me. He laughed and it sent chills down my spine. Once I was sure I was alone, I began to scream. Begging for help. After several hours, my voice couldn't be raised above a whisper. I struggled against my chains, pulling hopelessly against them.

Anger, a kind of rage I didn't know I had, began to bubble up inside of me. An  energy I didn't know I possessed seem to rip up my veins. Instead of fighting it, I focused on it. My hands began to glow red. I didn't know what was happening, but I was going to use it to help me escape. I pressed one of my red hands to one of the cuffs on my wrist. A sizzling sound erupted from the iron. A moment later, the cuff lay on the floor, burned through.

I stared at my glowing hands. I could burn things! How? I didn't realize my mouth was open until my mouth began to water having been dried out. I closed it. Before freeing myself completely, I sat down and began to think.

I could question my strange powers later, right now, Loki had to be stopped. If I ran far from here, he could still do damage before getting caught, even if he didn't have me for his insurance. If I stayed and kept him from leaving, no one would have to know he escaped.

I burned through the rest of my cuffs. When I was free, I began looking around for a hiding spot. The element if surprise would be vital. I found a small indent in the rock walls and flattened myself against it as much as possible. Now, I waited.

It had all been a lie. Nothing had been real. I still loved him and I hated myself for it. I knew he wasn't just a monster. He couldn't be. A question kept running through my head. Had there ever been a moment, a second, a breath, that had been true? I would never know now.