4

I stared at my sared arms. I can't believe that I have to relive this. If I'm not careful, it will break down the wall that took me years to create. I don't want to show my true past.
"My brother is the killer." I say. I pull out my phone and plug in my headphones. Sherlock started talking but I tuned him out. I put in my earbuds and turned on my music. The first song that played was Miss Missing You by Fall Out Boy. (If you hadn't noticed, I'm putting this story in present time). I leaned back and closed my eyes. I started to think. He is most likely go for people that I'm close to. So I have to make sure not to get close to people like the rest of my life.
At the end of the song, someone pulls out one of my earbuds and starts to talk to me, but I'm not listening. I'm off in my own little world, trying to put the puzzle pieces together. I hear huff and then my music is gone. My other earbud fell out. I open my eyes and look down at my lap to see my earbud on my knee. I pick it up but a hand stops me. I look over to see Sherlock's face inches from mine. I raise an eyebrow and lean back. I mean, really. Talk about personal space.
"Sherlock?" I ask, snapping him out of his trance. He blinked a few times then blushed a little. Wait, blushed? The Sherlock Holmes, blushed? Something is not right. He leaned back into a normal position and mutters a "sorry." I put my earbuds back in and continue figuring out the puzzle. Next thing I knew, it was 3 am. I turned off my music and laid down to sleep.

I woke up the smell of coffee and tea. I sat up and looked at the time. 9 am. 6 hours of sleep. Not bad. John came out of the kitchen and saw that I was awake.
"Morning (y/n). Tea or coffee?" He asked.
Morning and coffee." I replied. I think back to the case and something, somehow clicked. My eyes widen as my phone went off. I answered the phone and hear a voice that I recognized as Lestrade.
"Morning (y/n). We need you, Sherlock, and John down here ASAP. We have another dead body." Lestrade said, a little rushed.
"Ok. We will be down there soon." I said, hanging up.
"A new victim?" John asks. I nod. I hear a door open and close and see a sleepy Sherlock walking out into the livingroom with only a sheet to cover him.
"Get dressed Sherlock. Lestrade needs us." I say getting up and heading down to my flat to retrieve a change of clothes for today.
I open the door to my flat and instantly hear shuffling. I pause at the doorway and turn on the lights. In the corner of the room, I see a man. He has straight, blond hair and brown eyes. I smile at the sight. Not a real smile, but a fake one. I know this person. Not by name, but by who he works for. He is a messenger for Jim Moriarty.
"Hello. A-are you Miss (l/n)?" He stutters. I nod. I walk over to my suitcase and pull out a tshirt and pants.
"Do you need something?" I ask the man.
"I have a m-message for you." He stutters again. He pulls out an envolope and hands it to me. After he let's go, he leaves through the window. I walk over, close, and lock the window. After I change, I put on a black jacket and my shoes and head out of my flat. I lock the door and head outside to see Sherlock and John waiting for me.
"What's that?" John asks, pointing at the envolope that is sticking out of my pocket.
"Dont know. I haven't read it yet. I found it in my flat." I shrugged.
"Why don't you read it?" John suggests.
"I will in the cab." I say. He nods. We stand there for a few minutes until a cab arrives. We get in and I instantly pull out the envolope. I open it and pull out a pice of paper. I unfold it and see writing on it.

Dear friend's sister,
You must know about the killings lately. Suprisingly, those aren't done by me, which you already know.i have some information that you might want.i am not helping your brother this time. He told me to call you to tell you that he is the killer. He thinks that you can't and won't find him. Lets just say, he shouldn't trust me with everyrthing. Meet me at the park at 10 pm and I'll give some more information that you will want to know in order to stop him. I think he is going a little over board at this point. Not that I don't do that at times, but he is worse than me. He needs to be stopped. I can help you, and if you let me help, then I won't expose your past.

I finished reading and folded it back up. I set it in my pocket and looked out the window.
"What did the note say?" Sherlock asked.
"Just some information about something that I need help with." I replied.
"What is it you need help with?" He asks.
"Controlling my brother and stopping him from killing the whole city. Even Jim Moriarty agrees that he is out of hand."
"Wait. Jim? Why are you talking to Jim?" John asks.
"Because he is a friend of my brother."
"Your past doesn't make sense." Sherlock commented. I froze. Is he figuring out my real past already?
"How so?" I ask. I can't believe my voice is so calm.
"Well, you stayed with your brother growing up when your parents died, but your implying that he is a murderer who went to jail. How is that possible? And it also sounds like your brother is a year older than you, just like Jim Moriarty." Shit.
"Sometimes there is more than the book cover. You have to read the book." I reply.
"True. So explain you childhood to me." He said.
"You already deduced it." I say. At that moment, we arrived at the crime scene.