7

"Let me go." My brother orders in a low voice. I let him go and he turns around to face me. "Outside the window behind me is a man. You can't see him from in here, but he can see you. He's an assassin. He has one bullet, and it's meant for you." He says.
"Why are you telling me this?" I ask.
"Just. With every comment, be more agitated. After a few comments,push me up against the window, but block yourself from any possible way he could hit you. Once you do, he'll shoot." I know what's he doing now.
"Why? Why help me?" I ask, acting a little agitated. He smiles at me.
"When I said I was protecting my sister, I wasn't lying. I didn't want anyone to hurt you, but I ended up hurting you,instead of protecting you. I'm making up for it." No. No, this can't be happening.
"No."
"Now."
"No."
"Push. Me. NOW." He says, very angrily at me. I push him up to the window and I hear a gunshot. My eyes widened at what I had done. He provoked me. I watch as he falls limply in my arms and the life that once filled his eyes, slowly leave them. "I... love...you. Stay safe... for me." He says before he takes his last breath. Feel hot tears run down my cheeks. I drop to the floor on my knees, cradling my brother's lifeless form in my arms. Blood soaked my shirt. I sobbed silently, letting emotion overtake me after many years of hiding it. This was my brother. The one that I looked up to, then dispised. Even though he was a murderer, I still loved him. He was family after all.
I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see Sherlock looking at me with a concerned expression. I set my brother on the ground and grab a towel that just so happened to be there to wipe off the blood. Once I was done, I stood up and almost fell back down, if Sherlock hadn't caught me. Tears still fell down my cheeks as he picked me up bridal style and carried me to his flat. I tightened my grip on his shirt as I cried harder, tears staining his shirt.
I hear the door open and close. Soon I hear another one open and close. Sherlock sets me down and I open my eyes to see the set down on his bed. He started to walk out when I grabbed his wrist. He turned around to look at me.
"C-could you stay. Please." I say, hair covering my eyes. I feel the bed sinking and a pair of strong arms wrap around my shivering body as they comfort me. I hide my face in his chest as I sob. The loss of my brother hurt more than I thought it would. He sat there, rocking me gently back and forth, while his hand rubs up and down my back. He rest his head on mine and whispers comforting words to me. Soon, my sobs had turned into whimpers. I can tell that it's raining outside. The pitter - patter of the rain drops again the window soothes me and I soon fall asleep to the melodic rythem of it.

Sherlock's P.O.V.
(Y/n) fell asleep soon after she stopped crying. She is such a broken girl. I can tell that much. After the deduction at the airport, I could see that she was hiding something, I couldn't figure it out. Then she got the two phone calls, and that past that I saw earlier, disappeared. I knew that she made a fake past, but I couldn't figure out the real one. When her brother said that killed the first person, but not the second, I knew something was up. Something must have happened to her that made her create a fake past. Something that she doesn't like. Who knew the girl that was in my arms right now, was the only girl that made me nervous. She made my heart skip a beat multiple times without trying. I just wish to help her. I want to fix her. But who knew that could be harder than anything else I have done. I laid her down on my bed and covered her in blankets. I got and went to open the door when I heard whimpers. I turned around to see that she was curled up in a ball, shaking. Fresh tear were rolling down her cheeks as her whimpers turned into sobs, then wails, then screams. I stood there and watched in horror as she screamed at nothing. I rushed over to her and tried to calm her down. That only seemed to make it worst. The door burst open and Watson rushed in to see what was going on. He stared at her, watching in horror, just like I was, as she cried and begged for mercy.
"MOM! NO! LEAVE HER ALONE!" She screamed. Watson and I exchanged glances and continued watching the scene before us. She twisted and turned under the covers, tears staining her face as she sobbed some more. "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" She screamed,bolting upright. She was awake. I rushed to her side and wrapped my arms around her. She curled up next to me and cried into chest.
"Shhhh. It's ok. It was just a dream." I said to her, rubbing her back.
"But it wasn't. It was real. It happened when I was 8." She sobbed into my shirt harder. I never knew someone so intelligent and emotionless, like me, be this scared?