Fitting In

~~~~~~about a month later~~~~~~~

"Terra!, how was school today?" Katrina yelps from the kitchen. It was fine I guess.

"Is it alright if my friend comes over Katrina? " "Now Terra you know you need to study for your placement test!"

Ok so your probably wondering what a placement test is, basically a student ages 13-17 attends one month at the school here to prepare for the test. All it determines is what job/ purpose you will serve to the shelter,hence the fact they teach p.e, math and computer studies.

"But Katrina what is there to study for?, no matter what I do I'm probably going to get technician or something weird like that! "I snap back.

"Terra you need to have confidence, I took the test too you know!And I'm an Adult, even though the school only teaches a few subjects there is still a wide variety of outcomes! For all you know you could get a janitor if you didn't study! "she replied trying not to sound rude.

Ugh whatever I just wish I had my family back, and I could actually choose my destiny. I thought to myself as I headed to my room to study.

*about a week later*
Alright students its time for the placement test! I hope you all studied!

"Ya for what?!" I whispered to my friend Jenny with a clueless face. She chuckles at me and then goes back to paying attention to the teacher.

"Now students step into your assigned room and begin the test!"

Oh lord I hope I don't get janitor😬

*about an hour later*

"Alright students, in my hand I hold your results! I will hand them to you on your way out! I hope you live happy lives here and learn to enjoy what this shelter has to offer!"

*a few minutes later outside of the school section of the shelter*

"OH MAH GOD, I heard jenny scream, Terra! I got a chef, oh my gosh I get to cook for everyone! Finally I can make cupcakes!!!"

For all that don't know before the bombs went down Jenny was studying culinary arts.

"Terra what did you get?!", she asked practically killing me with her excitement.

"Well actually I haven't opened mine yet.... "I said trying not to sound like a fool.

"Well come on we need to know if you end up cooking with me!"

"Yes because that totally gonna happen Jenny", I say sarcastically

"Hey its possible!", she screeches and grabs my test results.

"Hey jenny?! What the heck, give it back!"

"Oh my god, terra....."