ten

I stumbled back on the stiff grass, completely taken aback by Dan's looming presence. My back hit the wall of the club and my hands fell flat against the bricked texture. "What are you doing here?" My voice shook as I attempted to speak.

He laughed and looked at me with an amusing expression. "Well I was here with some friends," he began and extended my purse to me. I looked down at it and looked back up to him, grabbing the purse from his hand. "I happened to see you inside and was about to approach you, but you ran off to the bathroom. Had a feeling you were ditching whoever you were with, so I beat you to it."

I squinted my eyes at him, as if trying to spot a lie inside of him. "You were here with friends?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, why are you acting so strange?" He tilted his head to the right slightly, seriously questioning my motives.

I loosed myself from the wall and put the strap of my bag over my shoulder. "I'm just a bit curious as to how you always end up finding me in the most contingent situations."

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest defiantly. "You think I'm stalking you."

"As a matter of fact, yes Daniel. I do." I bit back, pushing myself from the wall completely. I confidently walked past him, leaving him behind. But just as I had expected, he followed close on my heels.

"I'm not stalking you." He stated, but I continued to walk.

"Where were you before this?" I asked and heard him scoff.

"What?"

I stopped walking and turned to look him in the eyes. "What were you doing before you came here?"

He studied my eyes for a moment and then swallowed. He looked up for a moment, and then back down at me. "Why does it matter?"

"You were following me with Oliver! I saw someone standing outside the restaurant, and it was you." I accused him immediately, but he just looked at me like I was crazy.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Forget it." I shrugged it off and turned to begin walking again, but was stopped by Dan's hand on my shoulder, pulling me back softly.

"I'm serious, Sophia. I'm not stalking you." His voice became softer, but more serious now as he placed both of his hands on my shoulders as if to hold me in place. I watched him for a moment, before looking down at the ground below us.

"I need to go home. I'm tired." I said and lightly pushed his hands off my shoulders.

"Are you tired, or are you tired of the people you were with?"

I stayed quiet for a moment before he spoke up again. "Because, I was going to suggest we could go get dessert? If you're hungry at all?"

I really wasn't sure how I should have been feeling about anything; about Dan, about the notions I was receiving, about everything.

"I really think I should get home." I whispered, trying to avert Dan's brown eyes at all costs, knowing I could get sucked in at any second.

"I'll pay?" He tried again. This time, his voice more needing. I thought it over and then looked up to him. Half an hour or so wouldn't hurt.

"Okay,"

--------

this is short a'f so sorrz bout that