Chapter 6

Recap:

"Did you find her?" Apollo asked suddenly changing the topic.

I let go of my arms around him so that we were face to face. "Yeah, her name is Lucy. There's just one problem. How are we going to do it?"

"Have her meet me in the woods?" He answered.

"Then what?"

"I tell her. She moves in with you. I try to visit as much as I can and we'll update each other."

"I'll see what I can do," I said moving towards my room to retrieve my jacket. "Could you guys look after Veronica for me. I just have to drop by somewhere."

"Sure sweetie, take your time. Oh, could you get me so ice cream, vanilla preferably. Thanks," answered mum. The thing with my mum was that she came and crashed at my place for about a week before coming back two weeks later, not that I minded. "Oh, don't forget Veronica is coming with us, so don't freak if you find the house empty." Typical.

**********

Chapter 6

If anything, I've learnt to expect the unexpected. There are a lot of things I never expected; like Veronica for an example. I had her when I was 20. Young, I know, but I was happy. I would be having a child of my own with a man I loved deeply. At 21, we got married with little Veronica the flower girl that was towed by Alex, her uncle who was only 12 at the time. The second thing I didn't expect was my husband, Richard Hathaway dying when Veronica was six, in the army. Of course he wasn't my mate, but I loved him dearly. He knew what I and Veronica are, accepted he accepted us and didn't mind that his daughter was different from him. He loved us both and showed us that every time he came home to us. The third thing I didn't expect was finding my ex-mate, rejecting me, then acting like he wants me. It was too confusing really, not that I mind. I was content with Veronica, Mum, grandpa, Uncle Apollo and everything else. But the fourth unexpected thing was meeting a demon, that scared of Rick-the cockiest guy I've ever met, also known as the guy I gave detention in class today-persistent in annoying me.

"Sooo, come here often?" He asked leaning against the bar swirling a glass of vodka in his hand.

"Aren't you a little too young to be hanging around in a dangerous place like this," I replied in a bored tone.

"Aren't you too beautiful to be hanging around in a dangerous place like this. I mean, you could get raped by the demons here," Rick flirted back.

"What? Like you did to that poor girl a few minutes ago in the bathroom? Honestly, the only thing I could get raped by, is you," I spoke nodding my head towards the bathroom.

"Well, you don't need to be jealous, I mean, there's enough for too-"

"I don't think the lady is dumb enough to want your STD stick anywhere near here," a cold voice said behind me.

"You just called her dumb," replied Rick dumbly starring wide eyed at the man behind us.

"Actually, he just called smart, plus, if you want your homework tripled, I suggest you go home and you leave me alone. Understood?" I started of speaking in a bored tone and slowly slipped into my command tone. "Oh, and tell your friend that rejected Lucy at lunch time to stay away from her."

"Y-yes ma'm!" He stuttered stumbling away from us.

"You know him?" The cold voice spoke again, but this time, he was standing where Rick had stood just seconds ago.

"Unfortunately."

"How?" He growled.

I turned to my left to take a quick intake of him. He looks just like he sounds, cold, hard and tense. Black hair framing around his face and his sharp jawline covered with stubble with pieces of silver hair covering his jawline and sideburns. He had a permanent deep frown and black eyes with s black v-neck long sleeve top and an army necklace I wear that once belonged to my husband.

"I'm the one that has been failing his English essays."

"Who are you?" He growled once again.

"Is something wrong with your nose Anzu?"

"No. You smell of mixed."

"That would be, because I am," I mutter taking a sip of my coke and slip my hand into my pocket to get out my phone to check the time. It's 6:30, he should be here in five more minutes.

"Uh, Rosie?" A nervous voice says to my right.

Knowing the voice, I turn around and bear hug my way to him. "Oh, my Alex-poo. You've grown so much. Look at you, your so big and handsome," I squeal pinching his cheeks. He had the same honey blonde hair Veronica has and jade colour eyes. On his nose were faint freckles that could only be seen in the right lighting, with a strong jaw and light olive skin.  "Just like your brother," I whisper a tear slipping my right eye.

Alex wipes my tear away and tightly hugs me rubbing his face into my neck. "I miss him too," he whispers. "Where's Veronica?" He asks looking around for her.

"She's with my mum."

A throat clears, causing me to jump back and face Anzu.

"Who's he?"he growls once again nodding his head towards Alex. Geez, does his throat not get sore from growling so much?

"This is Alex, my brother. Alex, this is Anzu, the demon king," I introduce them to each other.

"He's human."

Sighing, I reply, "he's my brother-in-law."

"Where's your husband?"

"He, uh,.....he died a few years ago in the army," I reply looking down and fiddling with the necklace I always wear.

"Good." He says with no shame, eyeing the distance between Alex and I.

"Excuse me!" I exclaim offended. From the corner of my eye, I see Alex's fists clenched by his sides.

"I'll see you later, Roza," he says turning around and walking out the bar.

"Sooo, what's happened so far?" Alex breaks the silence by saying.

********
Picture of Mum, Grandpa, Uncle Apollo, Alex and Anzu
Joe as Anzu, but much colder and less silver hair.

Thanks

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 08, 2015 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Badassजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें