Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I had ran and gotten into my car speeding my way to Veronica's school. Using my nose to find where she was, I had found her locked up in a bathroom stall with Sam guarding outside the bathroom and Adrian guarding inside the bathroom near the stall she was in trying to get Veronica to come out.

Once Adrian noticed I had arrived, he stepped aside for me. "I'll see you when we get home," I told him.

"Your mother's stopping by to visit."

"I remember. Thanks Adrian."

"Veronica sweetie. Could you please open the door for me?" I asked Veronica in a gentle voice. The door cracked open slowly revealing a small girl with ash brown hair and tears pouring out of her dark eyes. I crouched down so I was at a same hight as her and wrapped my arms around her cream coloured dress. "What happened sweetie?"

"A boy came to me and asked if I wanted to play with him. He was nice and we played in the playground. We were on the swings and then a girl came and pushed me off the swing. I hurt my hands and knees. The girl saw them heal and called me a monster. Everyone else said it too because she did. They started throwing stones at me, but the boy-Jack-stood in front of me. They were hurting him mummy. They were hurting him and I didn't like it. I pushed the girl that pushed me, then Uncle Sam and Uncle Adrian came and took us away from them," she said hugging tighter as more tears arrived. "I nearly did it. I'm so sorry mummy. I nearly did it."

I held onto her until she calmed down and her tears stopped appearing, while I said that it was ok and everything was fine. I wiped the tears from her cheeks and stood up to go. "Come on, let's go home." Sam and Adrian were still at the door when I opened it. "Where is he?" I whispered so Veronica couldn't hear us.

Sam was the first to reply. "Sick bay."

"Rose. Don't hurt the kid ok?" Pleaded Adrian, a frown wrinkling its way onto his forehead.

"I'm not. I'm going to thank him. Come on." We walked through the corridor to the sick bay near the office at the front of the school. I knocked on the door before entering. "Hello. Can I help you?" A middle aged woman asked.

"Hi. I'm looking for a boy named Jack."

"Are you his aunt?" She asked.

"No. My daughter here-Veronica-is his friend and I wanted to thank him for what he did today for her. If that's ok with you of course."

"Of course. He's over there," she pointed towards a boy sitting on a bed, his head down with a man crouched in front of him.

"Is that your friend Jack, Veronica?" I asked whispering down to her as she nodded. "Come." As I looked closer, I noticed that the man in front of Jack look. Derek. Why did he have to be everywhere I go? "Jack." I said to get his attention. He looked up at me with the same hazel eyes as Derek's, but he had dark brown hair, almost black. "Hi. I'm Rose, Veronica's mother. I just came here to say thank you for being her friend and what you did for earlier."

"It's ok Mrs Hathaway. I like Veronica. She's nice and not annoying like the other girls."

I chuckle as I say, "reminds me of someone I know," as I shake my head. "Well it was nice meeting you Jack. I hope to see you again." With that, I turn around to leave the room with Veronica, but someone grabbing my arm stopped from doing so and from the sparks that came from it, I knew who it was. "Veronica, sweetie. Why don't you go and wait with Uncle Sam and Adrian outside. I'll only be a minute, okay?" Veronica nodded, went and waited outside. "Yes?" I said turning around to face him.

"He's not mine," he said.

"I'm sorry?" I ask highly confused.

"Jack. He's not my son. He's my nephew. I'm looking after him until my sister and her mate come back from their holiday."

"So, your his uncle," I said slowly.

"Yeah."

"And your telling me this because...?" Honestly, I really didn't know.

"Because I thought I owed you an explanation," Derek said as if if was the answer to a solution.

"Well, you don't," I said before leaving him standing there confused.

**********

Picture of Rose and Veronica. Mother and daughter.

Hey everyone.

Sorry this isn't an update, but I started writing a new book called Liar Liar.

Description:

Sophia's family were murdered when she was seven. She was hiding in her parents closet. When she saw them die, she exploded. The men in black all died. But how? Ten years later, she's graduating from high school, but there's one mission she must do. Kill James Hunter. Her high school teaches children from the age of ten to seventeen how to use their talents. A school to train talented students into spy's. But who's dirty work are they doing? Was everything she taught lies? Will see do what she was set out to do when she found out the thought, Or Will she fall into submission?

Please check it out, much appreciated
Click here to see trailer
http://youtu.be/T44RAhD5VKw

You'll have to highlight it, click define then click search web for Apple users.
For PC users, just highlight, copy and paste in the web search. 

Thanks,
ToralTailor