Prologue

It was never my meaning to kill him. My hands were still glowing and the toxic green energy pulsing around my hands. I looked at him, my friend. Liam was lying lifeless on the grass, he was pale and the eyes wide open and red. But for some reason, I just couldn't cry... Maybe because it didn't feel real, but it made me angry anyway. My best friend just died, and I couldn't even shed a tear.

Thunder rumbled loud far away and it started raining, I was cold and my whole body was shaking. Even though it felt wrong I had to go, so I ran as fast as I could back home and left him there, dead on the ground.

That was long ago, but I still think a lot about it. When I came home my parents asked where Liam was, I told them he went home to his family. But a week later my parents found out he had been gone since the day we were playing outside... My parents asked me again what actually happened that day, and I told them.

My father stroke me hard, "DEVIL!!" he yelled. My cheek hurt and had a slight red tint, the pain was too much for a 9-year-old and I began to cry. My mother stood quietly behind my father, she didn't do anything to stop him. They kicked me out, and when I refused to leave they burned all my things in the yard and told me that I'd be next unless I left.

So I did.

I ran as far as I could and after that, I sneaked my way onto a ship across the sea. Since then I've lived in a small village, as I wanted to stay away from people. They would call me things like "Satan's slut", "Broomstick bitch" and "wand wagger". At first, I ignored them, but after a few months I couldn't take it anymore and moved into my cottage in the woods. Afterall, it's not their fault.

They don't know I can't help it, this green energy ever pulsing around me and killing everyone and everything that touches me.

My name is Xena, and I'm a witch.