Chapter 5; Test 6

Liam's pov

I kept running and running for what felt like ages. I was exhausted, dehydrated, sweating and my legs burned like fire. But I kept following the lavender scent.

***

After running for two hours, I stopped. My lungs were on fire and it felt like my heart was about to jump right out of my chest.

I stood on my four as I felt a sour taste making it's way up my throat, then through my mouth and nose.

I coughed as I started throwing up everything I ate the night before. Greaaaaaat... I gulped down some water I brought, but tried to use a little as possible. Dehydration is the last thing I wanna deal with right now.

It was getting dark and the temperature was falling quickly and soon my whole body was shaking uncontrollably as I half walked, half crawled forward still following the lavender scent leading straight to her.

I stopped as I heard a ratteling beside and turned around gazing right into a pair of yellow reptile eyes. A rattlesnake... Shit. I slowly looked down and saw my hand touching it's tail. Damnit. Damnit. Damnit. Rattle rattle again. The snake charged at me as I held my breath. It went at me but I managed to dodge it. Fuck it, it won't even harm me. I'll heal. As it was hit the ground only centimentres from my left thigh I grabbed it's head and held it down. But the little sucker got free and bit my hand. I held my breath keeping in a scream as I felt the venom enter my veins.

My vision started getting blurry when I grabbed a sharp stone beside it and smashed and smashed at it until it was dead for sure, and even a little bit more after that. After that, somehow I succeeded to put up a tent and drink some water, before the dark took me under it's wings. And I happily embraced the silence and dark.

Xena's pov

I woke up tied to a chair with a itchy feeling on my left cheek. The room I was placed in was empty, well-lit, and most of all huge, atleast 20 feet high, 100 feet long and about 70 feet wide. It was all covered in stone just as in the little dungeon I spent my last hours in. Or maybe weeks? I don't know.

I looked up and saw windows - I think, some kind of glass anyway - but they were reflecting back at me and all I saw was sillhouettes, many of them, and my own pair of green eyes glaring back at me. I also saw that I had a white bandage on my lefy cheek. Explains the itchy feeling.

I looked down at myself. I wore a fully black, skin-tight clothing. Black shorts exposing my pale, thin sticks that were supposed to be legs and black trainers. Over my chest only a black crop top was on, the rest of my belly, arms and back were showing.

A click caught my attention. I looked up at the door which now was wide open. It was too light for me to see much, but I could tell it was two men, both the double my size.

They both stopped as the door closed. Both of them were wearing identical clothes and completely white masks with only holes for the eyes, nose and mouth. The only difference was the numbers 1 and 2 on their shirts.

"Test 6. Round starts on signal." said an uncomfortable perfect woman voice from God-knows-where. Test 6? I haven't done a single one, as far as I know...
"3, 2, 1, Go!"

I stared at the men as they approach. What? Am I supposed to fight them? What the hell... Before I could even think the thought green energy flowed out my handpalms and bured the chains holding me to the chair. Helpful, for onceeee!

I stood up and the men kept getting closer. On their body language it looked like they were gonna fight me. Great! Jussssst great! I looked at them and squeezed my hands. I don't got much of a choice, better to try and fail than just get beat up.

Halfway number 2 stopped and stayed while number 1 continued walking at me. Pweeeh, only one at a time please!

As he reached me he didn't wait for me to move. He striked right away and went straight for my throat with a punch. He was so fast, I didn't even get a chance to react before he hit and I took a few steps back as I coughed easy. Damniiiiit. I swear I'd seen green fly at him, but apparently it didn't touch him.

I charged at him and aimed a punch at his jaw, but once again he was too fast. Like a childplay he grabbed my wrists before it touched him and kicked my belly causing me to fall backwards and losing balance.

Before I could even stand up he was beside me and kicked me side hard making me slide a few feet over the floor.

I groaned painfully as I forced myself to stand up anyway. He was already by my side though and forced me down again. Putting his whole bodyweight, he sat on me and easily held both my wrists over my head with only one hand as he kept hitting me repeatly with the other.

Pain kept shooting up my jaw and temples by every hit as I tried to squirm away. My mouth tasted blood and I could feel warm liquid - blood - running down my face. My vision started getting blurry and I felt how I lost controll over my body.

Miraculously I pushed him away like he was a feather and stood up fast. I grabbed around his neck and threw him at the chair. After colliding with the chair he went into the wall. In a second I was beside him, grabbed the chains and held around his neck.

He started making choking sounds and I pulled tighter. Green light spread around the chains and once it reached his throat it burned it straight of and his head fell to the floor. Did I just kill someone? How? What..?

I turned to number 2 and had still zero controll over my body. I started walking straight to him with long and confident steps.

Then something unexpected happened. He pulled out a gun and shot my leg. I screamed painful as I fell down on my knees. Of course... The first is always the easiest, a warm up.

He shot me once more in the leg and once in my arm. I screamed once again as green spikes flew at him but he dodged them all. While he was busy dodging, I stood up, leaning to a toxic-green crystal. Once again he shot at me, but this time only my foot.

Ahaaaaaa... So he's under commands. Harm me, but don't kill me. Too bad that doesn't apply to me...
I started walking - or more dragging myself - at him. Actually he was really helpful and walked to me too. He started running and aimed a kick at my belly area. I easily grabbed his foot and twisted him around causing him to fall to the floor, though I had a bullet in my arm.

Green light started gathering around my right hand, and just when I was about to strike and burn him like a crisp I suddenly got control over my body again. The pain got more intense and I yelled as I fell down sobbing. My whole body hurt all over and all I wanted at that moment was a bullet in my head.

The man were on feet fast and looked at me. He held a hand to his ear and mumbeled something. I think. I'm not sure, everything was so blurry. He looked back to me, walked up to me, pointed the gun at my head, and fired.

●●●●●●●●●
Heyloooo ^-^

Publishing new chappie at 2am, no no my sleeping routine is good just fiiiiiineee.

So finally, pweeh done with this chapter! It's a little longer than the others, so I hope it's good ^-^

Comment what you thought, it doesn't take that long huh? :)