[12] All they do is Argue!

Chapter 12 All they do is Argue!

Tony and Bruce were looking at the scepter but then stopped. Fury looked rather surprised at their sudden stop.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Nick Fury asked angrily.

I made a face and mimicked his voice behind his back. Fury turned around and looked at me. I shrugged.

"And you Miss Romanoff. I expect you to act your age." Fury pointed a finger at me.

I pouted, "Where's the fun in that?"

Fury shook his head in desperation and turned away from him.

"Uh....kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Tony said.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." Nick Fury announced.

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Bruce said.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Tony said. Suddenly his computer monitor beeped and a collection of secret files shows up.

I hurry over and stand behind the computer near Tony who asks, "What's Phase 2?"

Steve chooses this moment to drop a hydra assault rifle on the table which causes us all to turn around. Steve looks really angry, "Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons." he then looks at Tony, "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

Fury then attempts to explain, "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..."

"I'm sorry Nick." Tony moves the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of the weapons.

"What were you lying?" Tony asks. I give him a look and he shrugs, "He's not the only one who can be in charge here."

I scoff, "Yeah. And I'm sure you'd be a better leader than Fury." I say sarcastically.

"As long as I don't make these weapons, yeah I think I would be." Tony said.

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said.

At that Thor and Natasha walk in. Natasha keeps her eyes on Bruce and he looks back looking annoyed.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asks.

I speak up, "Come on Bruce. Do you really think my sister has anything to do with this?"

"Well, she is one of SHIELD's favorites. Or am I mistaken?" Bruce says a little rudely.

"No. You're not mistaken." I say before Natasha speaks.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha asks him.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." Bruce says a little sassily.

"Loki's manipulating you." Natasha spoke.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Bruce asked.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha said.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce said.

"Because of him." Fury points to Thor.

I roll my eyes at that statement. He can't really think that all siblings are alike.

Thor looks stunned, "Me?"

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury announced.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor protested.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled." Fury said.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asked.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor said.

"A higher form?" Steve asked. "You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Fury protested. "Nuclear deterrent. Cause that always calms everything right down." Tony said and I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

I felt like getting involved in the argument but also felt like there was no point. I wouldn't know what to argue and I certainly didn't want to seem like I was always taking sides. Cause right now I really was.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury asked.

I turn away from the argument as Steve or was it Tony says something. I peer over at the screen in an attempt to deduce some information somehow. Then I hear Thor speak and I can't help but snort at it.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this." Thor said.

"Excuse me, did We come to Your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury asked.

"Did you always give your champions such mistrust?" Thor asked.

I roll my eyes. Everyone is always arguing here and no one notices anything. My eyes flicker over to the scepter and my eyes widen as I see it glowing as if it is coming to life.

So, I have been on vacation for around three weeks and I only got to update now!  So, this was supposed to be the Wednesday update! Short but that's all I wanted in the chapter. 

What did you think? Do you think I should have added more? What do you think about her behavior towards Fury and Tony? What do you think will happen with her? 

No sneak peak this time! :) 

Next update on Friday/Saturday.  

PLEASE SUPPORT FOR THE WATTYS!  THANK YOU FOR HELPING THIS BOOK REACH 1,000 READS!

~Annette