Episode 3: What happens next?

To be fully honest, Crestia Bell wasn't shocked. 

She was the one who knew the purification process extremely well for her age. Well, she was a clergywoman, after all, so what would you expect? She stared at the fallen angel turned angel's wings, studying them carefully with a blank expression. "I'm not quite as surprised, actually," she said, catching everyone's attention. "in a church, especially one such as this one, it is only to be expected that they study something mainly found in Ente Isla. Lucifer is a perfect example of a successful purification."

Maou looked at her with false amusement. 

"No, really? 'Cause I think that this was a complete failure," he said, sarcasm pouring from his voice. "Maou!" Emi yelled, Maou's head snapping up to look at her. "This is no time for joking around, and you know that!" Even though his next snide comment was, "I know that, stupid!" Everyone could see the panic hiding behind his eyes, clear as day. 

"So," Chi said, nervously, trying to calm down the building tension in the air. "What now?" Everyone looked at Maou, thinking he would be thew one who would know what to do next, like he always does. Maou shifted his weight so that he was sitting on his knees, and put his head down slowly. He gripped the black fabric on his work pants tightly and his voice spoke slowly, shaking more and more with every word.

"I don't know, Chi," He said, trying to stay calm and failing miserably. "For the first time in a long time, I just don't know what to do. I just don't so stop asking!" He yelled. Everyone was taken aback at his sudden change in attitude. He was so confident at the church, that no one even guessed how he was feeling inside. Now they knew. 

He was confused, hurt, lost had absolutely no idea what he should do, and he hated himself for that. 

"Whoa, Maou calm down!" Emi said. "Sire, we must stay calm in this situation!" Meanwhile, Lucifer just stared at them, feeling bad for putting everyone in this situation. "You guys!" He said,starting to tear up, being the slightly emotional angel that he was. "You shouldn't have to do all this for me! After all, It'a my fault that you ended up in this awful situation in the first place!" 

Everyone looked at him, almost forgetting that he was there.

"This is all my fault!" He yelled. "No-" "Yes! I just wanted to get out of the house for a little while without getting arrested, or anything, and now I've put all of you here, and it's all my fault!" He then jumped out the window that was mysteriously left open, and was gone. 

"Lucifer!" Maou yelled, running to the window, but it was too late, he was gone, and probably wasn't going to come back for a while. For now, they'd just have to look for him, all over again. Maou shrank to his knees, shaking, no, trembling so badly that you could see it. "Again," he muttered. "again, again, again, again!" He punch ed the wall, tears springing to his eyes. "I've got to find him," he said, walking to the door, putting his shoes on. "Surely you jest, sire!" Ashiya said, running to his side. "No, I don't! I have to find him, he'll never survive out there on his own! Last time, he had Olba, now he has no one! I'm going to find him!" 

And with that, he was gone out the door. Everyone watched him run down the stairs, nearly tripping, muttering under his breath, "That idiot..." 

-------

For a while, Lucifer had no idea what he should do. He just flew across the sky, the sun setting quickly, so he didn't worry about people seeing him. He just flew, he had no idea where he was going, but he was sure that where ever he was going, he would make it there, and no one would have to help him with his purification problem anymore. "I'm such an idiot..." 

---------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I'm sorry this is so short, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to write this, after all, I do have other stories to write, none of them are as greatly appreciated at this one, though! Love ya!

PEACE!