Chapter One

McKeyla

I woke up to A.D.I.S.N calling my name.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" She cheered.

"Hello, A.D.I.S.N. Good morning."

"Great morning!" She giggled. "Ready for your assignment?"

"Yes, I am!" I cheered with her.

Me and my friends, Adrienne, Bryden, and Camryn were assigned a mission...together!

I could not wait! I'm pretty sure A.D.I.S.N couldn't, ethier.

I put on my clothes and went to brush my teeth. The girls and I were supposed to meet at headquarters.

After I was done washing up, I walked down the side walk to meet Camryn. We would walk together.

"Hey!" Camryn greeted me. We hadn't seen each other since the summer.

I ran toward her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Oh, I missed you so much!" I gushed.

"Um, what about me Camryn?" A.D.I.S.N cleared her throat.

"How could I forget my robotic bestie?" Camryn laughed as she grabbed her.

A.D.I.S.N smiled. We started our journey to Bryden's house. After we picked her up, we would finally go to headquaters and meet Adrienne. I was so excited!

After we greeted Bryden, she started babbling on about all of the inventions she'd made.

After 10 minutes, we reached headquarters.

Adrienne met us at the door. We all squealed and did a group hug.

The Quail (aka my mother) led us toward the conference room.

"Mom!" I yelled and hugged her tightly.

"How's my little CareBear?" She smiled at me.

"Better then ever now!" I exclaimed.

"Now girls, your mission is highly sensitive. You four were chosen to attend...middle school!" The Quail explains.

Me, my mom, my best friends, and A.D.I.S.N. Things couldn't get better.

Adrienne

Things could not get worse! I hadn't told the girls about my boyfriend. We had met at Culinary Chemistry Camp. Yes, that's a thing.

I showed him my famous volcanoe, and right when it erupted, he kissed me!

Now, back in Spain my mother had always told me that if the boy likes you, you lead him on and break it off slowly.

But this, this was a completley different scenario. Worst case scenario.

I liked Wesley. He liked me back. Mama was 6 feet under now and couldn't tell me what to do. I had to tell The Quail. She had always had a motherly insinct, being McKeyla's mother and all.

After the conference about our mission, I quietly knocked on her office door.

"Come in, Adrienne!" She calls from inside.

I gently open the door and sit down.

"How did you know it was me?" I ask her.

"Oh, honey. Your the only one who knocks quietly. Accept for Bella, my assistant. But, Bella is on vacation. So I figured it must be you." She smiles at me. "What's the problem, Adrienne?"

"Well, I like this boy, and he seems to like me back. But, he seemed to like me first. Based on what my mother used to say, if he liked me first, I'm supposed to break up with him. But, I like him." I explain sadly.