Chapter 1.

~~A New Mission~~

Trysta peacefully sat in the courtyard. Her back was to one of the many trees that lined one of the outer walls of the Jedi temple. It was early afternoon, and she was watching the younglings practicing their lightsaber techniques with their training sabers.

Watching them brought back fond memories of when she was a youngling, several years ago. Now Trysta was padawan to the Jedi master Zara Starr. Despite the fact they had only known each other a few months Trysta have grown rather fond of her new master.

Their personalities often clashed, Master Starr always had a calm mind, she prefers to sit back and simply go with the flow, and always takes time considering her next move. Whereas Trysta was often considered bold, fierce, swift to action and quick-tempered, traits she was said to have inherited from her father.

Compared to others Trysta had considerable trouble leaning to control her temper and not let herself become angered so easily, but with master Starr's help she managed to eventually learn to have at least some self-control.

Due to the fact she never really got on with other younglings, and even still had trouble with other padawans, she usually preferred her own company than with others, excluding her daemon of course.

The soft beeping of her communicator broke through the near silent surrounds of the courtyard and brought her back from her musings. Reaching out with her right hand she activated the communicator and listened.

"Trysta, our presence is requested in the War Room, I believe we have an assignment," said the calm voice of Zara.

"I'll get there as fast as I can, master," she replied before shutting of the communicator. "Come on Gallian, we've got work to do." she called to her daemon.

Gallian was lying on his back a foot or so to the right on Trysta, sunning himself happily, tongue lolling out the side of his open mouth. He rolled over to his side and lifted his head to look at her with his golden orbs. "I sure hope we get to be in the field this time, I'm bored out of my mind." Gallian grumbled, getting to his feet before stretching.

Trysta hummed in agreement before also standing and beginning to walk toward the war room. Gallian trotted along beside her, sceptically eyeing everyone as they walked past. Trysta ran her hand through the fur on the top of his head comfortingly. His fur was as black as coal, and had gathered a surprising amount of heat from the sun.

Being a Jedi Trysta knew it was not right to be hoping to get a mission on the battle field, but she was eager to do it. She was torn between the gut instinct that fighting was what she was best at, and knowing deep down that it was not something a Jedi was to meant to enjoy.

As they past other people they all sent glances toward her and Gallian, making Trysta feel slightly unnerved. Though they had good reason to be weary, after all it was rare for anyone, let alone a Jedi to have a wolf as a daemon.

Master Starr has told Trysta that since her home planet had been consumed by war while she was growing up, her daemon settled when she was young, and it was bound to be an animal that both suited her personality, yet had the ability to protect her from harm. Though it also meant that they stuck out like a sore thumb whenever they went somewhere relatively peaceful in comparison where the main daemons were all domestic dogs or cats, rather than wild animals.

They reached the war room and Trysta opened the door, stepping inside, closely followed by Gallian. Once her eyes had adjusted to the dim lighting of the room she took in each person within, her master was closest to the door, followed by a Jedi and padawan she had never met, and Jedi masters Obi-wan Kenobi, Adi Gallia, and Grand Jedi master Yoda.