Chapter 14.

~~Visions of Fire & Ice~~

Large crimson eyes pierced through the darkness. For a moment everything seemed still, nothing moved, nothing breathed to break the silence. After the split second had passed large white eyelids slipped down to cover the blood red eyes before slowly opening themselves again, revealing the slitted eyes once more. These eyes were of no person, but of a ferocious and wild beast.

The sound of a single deep breath filled the otherwise calm air. As the creature exhaled once more, a low rumble of a sound escaped it and the scent of smoke began to fill the air. It continued for a few further moments, merely breathing, but maintaining its ever threatening presence.

There was the sound of something hard scraping across the ground and a long, white, tail-like structure swept across the floor at a rather placid pace. On closer inspection the tail was encased in thick scales, and a line of spikes ran along the top of it.

The tail swished lazily thrice more before stilling. Again nothing moved and the creature only blinked with its large red eyes.

A low animalistic growl emitted from the darkness, originating from the direction of the curious creature. The eyes seemed to narrow down, and the tail was retracted back into the darkness, out from sight. From the pitch black surroundings a long white snout appeared.

It was unmistakably reptilian in shape, again covered with scales, varying in size. Only the very tip of its snout was perceivable, that and its eyes, but a pair of large incisors were being barred from its snout.

The sound of the snarling eventually subsided and the aggressive display dissipated. The snout slowly retreated back into the dark once more, but still the eyes could be seen. They held intelligence, curiosity, and wit, but they were also the eyes of a free spirited creature, one that could not be contained to any cage, no matter its design.

They were beautiful.

The eyes slowly moved further and further away, before the sound of a deep inhale was heard. That was when the beast lunged forward, but this time as it exhaled, there was light. Heat. Flames.

~~~~~~~~~~

Trysta abruptly woke. Her eyes snapped open and she made a rather loud gasp, sitting bolt upright. She took a moment to blink, and a further few moments to recognise where exactly she was. It was only after she began to realise she had been dreaming that she noticed her rather rapid and irregular breathing.

She closed her eyes again and took a minute to calm both her breathing and heart rate down and return it to a regular pace. The dream had felt real to her, but Jedi did not dream, so what had she experienced? Surely it could not have been a vision.

Beside the Kaleesh, her daemon began to stir. He groggily opened his eyes and trained them on his counterpart. The wolf let out a tired yawn before speaking, "Whatever is the matter child?" he asked, still appearing half asleep and rather irritated from being disturbed.

"Nothing Gal, but I think I'm going to meditate for a while." Trysta stated pulling her legs closer to her before crossing them on the bed.

The black wolf gave an unconvinced look to his girl, but eventually saw she was not going to enlighten him on the details at this hour of the morning and so he lowered his head back down and onto the bed. He closed his eyes and tried to return to his sleeping state.

Trysta also closed her eyes, but reached out into the force, seeking answers and clarification for what the alleged vision meant. She calmed her mind, but held her grasp on the question and the memory of the vision ever so lightly so that the force would guide her to the answer.