Chapter 7.

~~The power of Life and Death~~

They had not concluded their conversation for long before one of the droids informed Grievous and Dimeria that they were soon to reach their destination.

For safety purposes the General had decided to leave the young Jedi aboard the ship while he discussed with Dooku about the continuation of the war and the fate of the youngling, as after all, it was him who had the final say. He wasn't sure if he could bring himself to allow the child to be killed.

He stood from his chair and began walking back down from the platform in the direction of Trysta, with Dimeria padding along beside him.

Once he had reached the youngling's side he stopped and watched as her daemon stood to his feet and sent him a weary glance.

"We are about to arrive in the Serrano system, you will remain here until further notice," he stated, Dimeria sitting at his feet.

The Jedi padawan nodded her head slowly, "Okay..." was her tentative response.

Seeing they were going to go no further with the conversation Grievous turned away and began making his way off the bridge toward the hangar bay. Dimeria sent a final glance at the other wolf and Kaleesh before following after her counterpart.

They swiftly made their way through the halls and down to the hangar where they found a small shuttle in waiting for departure. Grievous had decided to leave his Magnaguards behind in favour of them keeping watch on the child.

Grievous and Dimeria boarded the shuttle and waited as it flew out of the hangar and towards the planet bellow, speeding towards the location of the Count's private residence.

Once they had arrived they made their way towards the study where Dooku had promised to rendezvous with them beforehand.

As soon as the cyborg general walked through the large doors his golden reptilian eyes settled on the figure he was looking for.

The Count, as per usual, was dressed in his back sith robes, hair immaculately kempt, with not a single strand out of place. Draped around his shoulders was the elongated body of the sith's daemon. Sylvia.

Sylvia's colour was closely correlated to her silver colouration. She was a sinister serpent which represented the Count's tendencies to be cunning, guile, and wise. She would coil herself around her person, whispering secrets into his ear no one else could hear.

Grievous had always hated the snake, she was always so sinister and deceptive, and was always whispering something to the Count, judging everything and giving her cruel opinion.

"Ah, Grievous," The Count greeted with his signature smirk. That smirk was never a good thing, it meant he either knew something the General didn't or was planning something.

"My lord," he replied, bowing in respect to the sith, Dimeria mimicking his actions.

"It has come to my attention that you have been failing your missions on a far too regular basis," the Count began, walking out from behind his desk.

Grievous growled in annoyance at the accusation. "You expect victory over Jedi, yet all you give me are stupid battle droids!" he snapped with a fierce glare.

As usual Sylvia whispered something to her counterpart with a wicked grin, "Yes, but I expect better results. Have I not recently supplied you with a further fifty ships for your armada?" he asked.

"Yes b-" Grievous was cut off by the Count continuing.

"And, have I not allowed you more of these so called stupid battle droids to use at your disposal?" he questioned.