Chapter 8.

~~Breaking the Tension~~

The moment Grievous stepped onto the bridge, he found it in a complete and utter disarray. Total Chaos. On closer inspection it was found that it was the young Jedi's wolf, or rather dire wolf, daemon was the cause of the madness sweeping across the command center.

The coal black wolf was bounding about the bridge, weaving between battle droids, and on a few occasions, knocking them off their feet. Even the Magnaguards were having a hard time trying to subdue the unruly canine.

Grievous growled in obvious disdain at both the Jedi and daemon, before he signalled with a motion of his hand for Dimeria to intervene.

The white wolf sprinted onto the bridge and chased after the other daemon, who hastily scampered away from her and back towards his counterpart. Just before he could reach her, Dimeria pounced on Gallian and yet again pinned him to the floor, smirking triumphantly.

It was then that Grievous decided to fully enter the bridge and make his presence known if it had not already been noted. "And what did we say about controlling your daemon?" he asked with scolding hint in his tone, clasping his arms behind his back and slouching slightly.

His golden optics landed on the young Kaleesh as he regarded her in a similar stance to that of a predator eyeing up his prey. He only watched as she nervously ran a hand through her raven black hair before replying to his previous inquiry.

"It was an accident, we didn't mean to cause any trouble. We're really sorry," she assured him with a nervous smile, though he could tell she was trying her best to look reassuring rather than anxious.

The cyborg looked her dead in the eye, matching her golden reptile eyes with his own before replying, "Let's get one thing straight. I am not your babysitter, I have a war to run, and I will not have you , or your daemon, fooling about." he warned.

He watched as she recoiled slightly at the harshness of his voice, and how she momentarily frowned inward, before quickly banishing the look from her face and adopting a more neutral expression.

"Of course..." she said trailing off slightly and removing her gaze from his to settle on her daemon who was still pinned beneath the ominous figure of Dimeria.

"Dimeria, let him up," he commanded his daemon, also switching his gaze to his own daemon. She nodded before stepping off the younger daemon, giving him a Cheshire cat grin and appearing quite proud of herself all around as he slunk back over to Trysta in defeat.

Dimeria then padded over to where Grievous was stood, stopping by his side. He loosened his hands and gently ran a clawed hand over the skull of the snow white canine.

Grievous quickly snapped back to what they were doing with a shake of his head. He straightened up before giving his next command, "Prepare the fleet to jump into hyperspace," he droned, now addressing the entire bridge rather than just the padawan.

"What coordinates, sir?" one of the B1 battle droids commanding the ship asked, turning to stare at the cyborg general with its lifeless mechanical eyes.

"Take us to the Kalee system," he commanded. The droid hesitated a moment, causing Grievous to narrow his eyes at the droid in a malevolent glare. "What is it?" he demanded.

"But sir, the Kalee system is in Wild Space, there is barely any Republic or Separatist forces in the vicinity," the soon-to-be-unfortunate droid replied stating the indescribably obvious fact to the General.

Grievous continued his glare at the droid through his wild optics "I am well aware there is no Republic or Separatist presence there, now make the jump." he snapped. The growl the command accompanied was enough to convince the droid to do as told, not wanting to face the General's wrath.