Chapter 9.

~~A Dance of Blades~~

Trysta's green and purple blades clashed down hard on Grievous' green and blue ones. Within a split second he pushed her back off him with his superior strength, giving the two room to work. She took her eyes off him only to watch as his cloak fell from his shoulders to land in a crumbled mess on the floor.

She twirled her purple blade in her right hand before swinging it at his midsection, an attack he easily parried before trying to land his own offensive attack with his blue saber. Trysta jumped back from his swing and swung both blades at once towards him.

They locked blades momentarily. Seeing she would not best the General in feats of strength, Trysta decided to rely more heavily on agility and speed and so again jumped further back from Grievous.

She focused her golden eyes heavily on every slight movement he made in hopes of predicting what he would do next. He took another swing at her, but she leapt to the side and brought the borrowed blade in her left hand across to strike his side.

Grievous blocked the attack, but before he could try making one of his own, Trysta swung with her right. He parried it by holding his weapon vertically. Trysta could tell he was about to try and free his blocked saber and jumped back before he could do so, removing herself to the outer ring of defence.

Despite the fact Trysta preferred to use more aggressive fighting styles and was great at performing powerful offensive strikes, she was curiously said to be best suited at the second lightsaber style; Mikashi, which relied on precision and efficiency, as it was the most duelling-centred style and relied on defence rather than offence.

She decided to fall back into that form to see if she could outmanoeuvre Grievous' attacks. She blocked another strike from him, all the while calming her mind so she could slip into a defensive stance with more ease.

The cyborg began rapidly and wildly swinging at her in all different directions, but she managed to parry them all with only minimal dodging from side to side. She began focusing on her footwork and balance, making sure it was on point, while working to defend herself.

Grievous swung again, but this time Trysta used her dominant blade to redirect his blade, before using a swift counterattack of her own.

The General was forced to break their blades apart and sidestep in order to evade her counterattack. Seeing the General momentarily lower his defences she broke her Mikashi form and took back to the offensive with a flurry of aggressive slashes and jabs, now pushing Grievous into defence.

For a moment she had a fleeting thought that she had the upper hand in the fight, but the moment was short lived when Grievous found an undefended opening in her attack and swung low at her legs.

Having not expected the attack she was forced to jump out of the path of the blade before only just having the time to block another attack from his other saber.

She pushed his blade back off her only for him to slash at her legs again. This time Trysta was more prepared and flipped back through the air, landing a fair distance away. Just as she recovered Grievous leapt at her bringing his green saber down in a powerful overhand blow.

Trysta's arms buckled under the sheer force of the hit and caused her feet to slip ever so slightly. She twisted herself sideways, breaking apart from his blades before swinging at him with her left. Grievous met the strike with such force that it sent the green blade flying straight from the younger Kaleesh's hand.

She yelped in surprise at the action, before returning with a similar blow with her purple blade, but this time as the sabers met a thunderous crackling sound was produced that caused the General to wince at the pure strength and volume of the sound.