Part 4

Layla pov:

As soon as he claimed me the pain made its way through my body. It wasn't unbearable but it wasn't a nice feeling either. He tried to take me in his arms but I backed away.

He looked at me with a painful expression on his face. 'Is there something wrong?' he asked softly while gently rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

I pulled his hand away and looked at him, trying to figure out if he was joking or being serious. I really hoped the first one. How could there not be something wrong after het marked me while he just saw me a few seconds before?!  How could there not be something wrong after I found my god damn mate?

My wolf was more than happy with my mate. She wanted to be with him so badly. I know the feeling was stronger because he marked me, it increased the bond between us. Also the fact that he was an alpha had influence on our bond.

I laughed lightly at the idea of already being strongly bonded with him. The look on his face changed from worried to amused and again he tried to take me in his arms.

I pushed him away again and looked disapprovingly at him. Tears started to form in my eyes, making my view blurry.

'Hey sweetheart, what's wrong? Did this man hurt you?'. He looked angered at the idea of Troy hurting me and let out a low growl which made me somehow shiver in excitement.

I didn’t want this, I didn’t want him. I hated how he made me feel. I just wanted to get away. Sooner or later he would leave me after he got a closer look at me…

'You did' I whispered so quietly he almost wouldn't heard it if it wasn't for him standing so close to me. Way to close if you'd ask me.

A painful expression came upon his face and for a short moment I felt sorry for him but then I remembered the whole situation I somehow had gotten into. He almost got me killed. He just marked me without even asking. And I wasn't even looking for a mate, let alone an alpha.

It would make it so much harder for me to leave him, especially with the mark.

Slowly I touched it and I still felt a slight flash of pain but it wasn't as bad as it was earlier.

There were a few persons around us but I didn't really take notice off them and it seemed it didn't bother Dante either. It was just him and me.

'Please let me go' I begged. He frowned 'I can't, you know that, you're my mate, you're mine. You belong with me'. The last part he said with a possessive tone and my wolf made jumps out of pure happiness but I just stared at him with a blank face, showing no emotion.

'But I don't want this!' I cried out of pure frustration. 'Just let me go and I promise you won't hear from me ever again. Believe me, this solution is better for the both of us'. The last sentenced I whispered and I looked down at my feet.

'Hey, hey, look at me' he begged me but I continued staring at the ground. He sighed, giving up. 'I don't know what you're scared of but I'm sure we'll work it out' his voice sounded hopeful and I cowered at the love that sounded trough his voice.

I shook my head. 'We can't, I'm certain of that'. Slowly I looked him in the eyes and for a few seconds I forgot everything, I even forgot how to breath. He was so handsome it shouldn’t be even legal.

He was tall and the muscles showed clearly trough his black shirt. His eyes were blue and his hair was a dark shade of blonde. He was mouthwatering.

I felt like fate was fooling around with me with giving me a mate like this. He was so hard to resist, if only...

'Will you please let me go?' I asked once again with a pleading tone. He shook his head slowly, like he was unsure how to handle the situation.