Part 20

Layla pov:

Dante kept banging on the door, urging me to open it so we could talk but instead of listening to him I just moved from leaning against the door, to leaning against the wall so I wouldn’t feel his loud bangs anymore.

Everything was so messed up. Mates were for life, of that I was sure. What I wasn’t sure of was if I actually wanted to spend my life with him, regardless of he was my mate or not. There was a change II might be happy again but the aching feeling in my chest would stay, as I wouldn’t be with my soul mate anymore.

Hmm… What a wonderful bastard of a mate I had. He can’t honestly expect us to talk it out and the except it to be all nice and dandy, can he? What did he expect after cheating on me and calling me such a horrible name, a bunch of bloody roses? 

Although I can’t help but feel attracted to him and feel my wolf calling out to his, my trust in him is equal to non-existent. I told him about Troy, I told him about all my insecurities and he assured me over and over again that everything would be okay, that he would never hurt me.

What a lie.

I felt disappointed over rise my anger. I was tired of this. Tired of him, of us. If he wants us to be okay again he needs to start re-earning my trust. This whole relationship has to be rebuild from the ground again. If he proves he’s able to do so, I’ll probably stay, of not, I’m gone before the sun rises.

Slowly I stand up. I take a look in the mirror and see what I’ve been seen for the past two weeks. Tired eyes shining with sadness, a pale skin and more prominent cheekbones as I lost quite some weight. I dropped to cup sizes and the same went for my clothing sizes.

Dante should be happy, now I was finally the twiggy girl he would have chosen if the whole mating thing wasn’t applying. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to eat, I just didn’t feel like it anymore. Every time I closed my eyes pictures of what happened showed up, completely making me lose my appetite.

I splash some ice cold water in my face and slowly whip my face dry again with a soft fluffy towel. My hair’s just a mess but I have other things on my mind at the moment. One of thos things being a very persistent alpha almost knocking down the door.

Before he gets the change to do so, I quickly open the door, making him fall on the bathroom ground. ‘Umpf’ he mumbles while slowly sitting straight again.

‘Are you okay’ he asks worried.

‘Shouldn’t I be the one asking you?’ I ask while rising a brow.

‘Yeah’ he grins sheepishly before standing up again. ‘Shall I give you a tour?’.

I nod and follow him silently as he walks down the stair again. ‘This is the kitchen, but we could always order something if we don’t feel like cooking’ he says while pointing at the take away menu on the kitchen table. I nod as I silently admire the kitchen. It is small and simple and yet adorably cute. Walls filled with tiles in autumn colors and a cute little stove which I doubted would work.

‘Cute’ I silently comment as I gave it one last glance before following Dante. He seems content with my answer as he leads the way to the living room where an old red couch is seated with a large brown leather  chair on each side and an old hearth in the middle of all it. A TV that seems at leads 20 years old is standing on a wooden standard and for a moment I am worried for the wood and the hearth being so close but then Dante pulls out a glass wall, separating the dangerous combination and creating an actually cool side to see. The flames reflecting on the TV screen.

‘Upstairs are two bathrooms, a spare room and the master bedroom’ he informs me as I sit down on one of the leather stairs with a sigh. ‘Do you want something to drink?’. I shake my head. ‘Layla’ he warns in a dangerously low voice. ‘Fine, I’ll have a glass of water’. He gives me one of his 1000 watt smiles, showing his actual dimples. ‘That’s more like it’.