Part 14

Authors note: I promise there will be a lot drama in the next chapters and it'll only get worse. Watch my words!

Comments and votes bright up my day so make me a happy woman! ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Layla pov:

‘You’re ready?’ I ask Lindsay as soon as I enter the living room where she is waiting for me on the couch. ‘Yeah sure’ she replied smiling and stood up. Dante had left earlier today, saying he had to do some pack business or whatever that was supposed to mean.

Of course my lovely guards were going with us as well but they had promised to keep their distance today and I was happy about that, I didn’t think I could handle shopping with Lindsay and five guys…

‘So which mall do you want to go?’ I asked as soon as she was settled in on the passenger side. ‘The one in town will do’ she said distracted and I nodded. We drove there in silence as she didn’t said a word and I was too uncomfortable to break the knife thick silence.

After we got there she walked straight to the lingerie store. I started  getting uncomfortable as Damien, Mason, Stefan, Tyler and Rick were following us. Last time I was just mocking them with going to the Victoria’s secret shop, but this time it seemed like I was more or less forced to buy something; Lindsay was more than determined to buy as much as we could carry.

‘What do you think about this?’ she asked from the fitting-room. ‘Let me have a look’ I muttered. ‘Wow.. It’s beautiful, you’re beautiful! You should definitely buy it!’ I said with clear disbelief in my voice. She was too pretty for her own good. I exited the fitting-room again and started to make my way back to mine when I heard her voice again.

‘Thanks, I bet Dante would like it’ she smirked. I turned around and I was in her fitting-room again in an instant. ‘Excuse me, what did you say?’ I asked trough gritted teeth. ‘You heard me’, she laughed like I just asked the dumbest thing ever, ‘I can’t believe he ended up with you of all people. He deserves someone so much better, someone like me’. So I was right all this time, she was really trying to steal my man. ‘Not happening honey’ I growled. ‘I was his first choice without the whole mating pull anyway’ she said confident. I started feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden ‘What do you mean?’. ‘What I mean is’, she stopped for a moment to make it a little more dramatic than necessary. If she was going to say what I feared she was going to say, it would be dramatic enough on itself. ‘I was his girlfriend before you, for quite a long time actually’.

I can’t believe he didn’t tell me, I can’t believe he dared to act so damn possessive while his long-term ex-girlfriend was allowed near him, to have fun with him and to walk through our house like she owned the place. Every time when Dante was caught up with work or the pack she would come to keep me company. She had something to say about every single thing I did. It was really annoying and frustrating…

‘He.. He never told me that’ I stuttered. ‘Of course he didn’t’, she sneered ‘did you really think he didn’t see your jealousy? This would only be oil upon a fire’.  

Suddenly I felt more lost than anything. I felt disappointed in Dante and I was beyond furious at Lindsay but I was too tired to do something about it. Suddenly all I wanted to do was sleeping. I started walking out of the store, ignoring Lindsay’s nasty comments and just got in the car. My guards frowned upon my sudden mood change but a look of realization soon changed their confusion as they took note of Lindsay’s insults.

I jumped into the truck and started driving away, not caring about the guards who I had just left with a car with clearly not enough space to fit them all. Honestly, I couldn’t care less at the moment. I drove straight to the woods and parked the car. I checked my surroundings and as soon as I saw it was safe from humans I changed into my wolf. I might be pretty upset right now but I wasn’t one to act stupid in the heat of the moment. If a human saw me, measurements would have to be taken and it wouldn’t end in the favor of the humans life…

I started running on high speed, passing some pack wolves every once in a while. They only had time to acknowledge my presence before I took off again, ignoring them completely. After a while I noticed that Dante was running behind me, I was sure some of the pack wolves alerted him of my bad mood or maybe my guards gave him a ring. 

‘Baby, what’s wrong?’

‘Just leave, I need some time alone’

‘Has anyone done something to you?’ he asked snarling

It took everything in me to not snap at him and yell: ‘You!’. Instead I kept silent and just speeded up my pace.

‘Babe, please’

‘I don’t want Lindsay close to me, you or our house anymore’ I stated firmly

‘What? Why?’ he asked confused and a little bit angered because the alpha within him didn’t like being ordered around, even by his mate.

‘Because I say so, that’s why’ I didn’t want to tell him the real reason, he would shrug it off as jealousy and the last thing I wanted was to be seen as a jealous bitch who couldn’t control herself.

‘That’s not a reason’

‘It’s the only reason you need’

We kept silent the rest of our run. After a couple more hours we took of back to the mansion again. Dante changed and went quickly inside to get me some clothes, not bothered by his own nakedness. I mean, I wasn’t complaining in the slightest so….

‘Here’ he handed me a nude colored dress with lace on it. I nodded my head and carefully took the dress in my mouth, trying very hard not to ruin it, it was a really pretty dress after all. Being and living with Dante changed not only me but my style as well. I wore dresses most of the time now, a big difference compared to my black skinny jeans and sweaters I used to wear all of the time. I grimaced at the memory of my time before Dante, that were very dark times for me.

As soon as I was dressed up again I walked behind the tree, towards the backyard. I didn’t feel like being inside the house right now. The cool air helped me cooling off and sorting out my thoughts. Dante followed me as I made myself comfortable on the swing. He took the swing next to me and we just sat there in silence.

I was still upset about earlier. I couldn’t understand how people could be so mean. First Troy and Sarah and now Lindsay. Troy… His name hasn’t been on my mind for quite some time but just thinking about him made goose bumps on my skin. It wasn’t fair how life has treated me so far but at least I had Dante now and I wasn’t planning on losing him to that Lindsay bitch.

I’m well aware of the fact that she is way prettier than me and that they had a history together. A history he hadn’t told me before. Why would he keep silent about it? I thought we trusted each other enough so secrets were unnecessary but clearly I was wrong.

After a while Dante finally broke the silence ‘I know you’re upset, why?’ he leaned closer to me and rubbed my arm comfortingly, making me shiver. He thought it was because of the cold and handed me his jacket. Such a sweet gesture, if it wasn’t for him being the reason to be upset.

‘There is nothing wrong’, I shrugged ’I just don’t feel okay at the moment. Maybe I’m getting sick or something’. As soon as I said that he jumped up, picked me up bridal style and sprinted toward our house. He laid me carefully in the bed, placed a kiss on my forehead and promised to be back in a few minutes with some tea. I nodded silently and lay back. I didn’t lie though, I really wasn’t feeling well. I was worried about Lindsay’s games and how everything would turn out. I hoped for the better but she played her game well and she had the ability to lie smoothly.

When Dante finally came back I already drifted off to sleep, finally released of all my worries.