Part 22

Authors note: So first things first: I wouldn't be me if I would make the story all sappy all the time. So don't expect the story to go all sappy and romantic after you've read the whole chapter. Personally I think that makes a story boring, you have to keep it exciting ;)

Secondly I wanted to thank you, my amazing fans for all the votes and comments! I'm so grateful and every new comment makes me smile all over again :)

Thank you!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

Time flew by and before we even realized it, Christmas was  already knocking on our door. A lot of things have happened. To start with Jace and Katy being mates. They found out after I’d introduced them when I was staying over at Jace’s for the weekend. Dante wasn’t happy with it but he wasn’t stupid enough to forbid me to do so. He tried to convince me though, and boy did I like it when he tried o convince me to stay with him…

Everything in the pack went fine. Everyone was happy that I fully returned as Luna but they still were a little anxious when they were around me, as if afraid to chase me away. Well, I wasn’t planning on going anywhere. I was perfectly happy being with Dante, where I belonged.

Usually I would spend my mornings reading the little children. They absolutely loved it and I was happy to help the pack in some sort of way. They also were really fond of my famous chocolate chip cookies, as was Dante. I had to hide the cookies because otherwise he would eat them all. Pig. 

Now I was walking around the mall, looking for the perfect gift for Dante. I also had to get Jace, Katy and her twin brothers, my lovely guards, Dante’s parents, Olivier, Alex and Nydia something. Nydia and I patched things up after she explained herself to me. Apparently she was kind of forced into texting me so it wasn’t really her fault.

 ‘What do you think?’ I ask Damien while I hold up a bright red dress with a soft sparkle on it. Mason shifts uncomfortably so I turn my head to the rest of them. ‘Do you think Nydia will like this?’ I ask again. Still, no answer. ‘You shouldn’t ask us things like that Luna, we’re guys, we don’t know anything about this stuff’ Tyler suddenly bluntly answers. ‘Tyler’ Damien scolds while the rest of them gives him a stern look. ‘It’s okay guys, at least he’s honest with me’ I chuckle. They visibly relax and I walk over to the cash desk to pay for the dress and let it wrap up nicely.

‘So next on my list...’ I trail of while searching for my list in my handbag. ‘Got it! Next on my list are Dante’s parents. Alright, something for in the house would be nice, don’t you think?’ I ask to no one in particular as I start walking towards a furniture shop. ‘Oh this wine rack would be lovely for in their living room. Tyler, can you go get my a few boxes with red wine? ’. ‘Sure’ he nods as he quickly disappears in the Christmas shopping crowd. As I walk further into the shop to pay for it I spot a little wooden crib. It makes my heart melt. I’ve always wanted children someday and with Dante it seemed just a natural step to make next. We never had sex with a condom but I hadn’t gotten pregnant yet. It wasn’t something that needed to happen right away but when it does, we would welcome it with open arms, of that I was sure.

‘Can I help you?’ a polite female voice snaps me out of my daydreaming. ‘Uhm yeah. I wanted to pay for the wine rack.’ I answered while pointing to Stefan who was carrying the heavy thing without any effort. The lady looked visibly impressed by that and started seductively batting her eyelashes at him.

I cleared my throat and she switched her gaze to me, with a hint of annoyance shining in her eyes. ‘Yes?’. ‘I wanted to pay, if you’re done flirting, that is’. She looked shocked and a little bit ashamed at my bluntness but I just smiled overly sweet at her.