Part 19

Layla pov:

After I got off the plane and went through the customs I grabbed a coffee at the local café to buy me some more time. I knew Nydia would need me right now but she wouldn’t mind a couple of minutes, would she?

I knew it was inevitable for me to come back. I still wanted to do something for the pack. I wanted to make my charity plans come true. And I would do it as a pack member, not a Luna. I knew for sure Lindsay would have taken my place by his side and was now leading the pack with him. The thought stung but not as much as I thought it would. It was like I still couldn’t absorb the past events truly. Numbness took over most over the time and I honestly was fine with that.

That was until the taxi stopped and I had to face him again. All the emotions I had carefully put away came all back in once. But I had to stay strong, I couldn’t fall down on my knees crying. I would do that after I got in one of the guestrooms.

Dante’s pov:

My heart broke when I saw her. The once tightly fitting dress she wore now hung loosely around her skinny frame. All her delicious curves were gone, so was the will to live in her eyes. They missed the sparkle I was so used seeing every time she laughed. Her skin was pale, her eyes red rimmed and dark bags were clear evident of lack of sleep.

All I wanted to do was hug her and tell her how worried I’ve been, how sorry I am and how much I loved her but she just plain ignored me and walked straight to Nydia.

I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss. I know how much your brother meant for you’ she whispers softly as she embraces Nydia in a hug. I feel bad for what is about to come but it seemed like the only way to get her back here and at least it worked.

Nydia laughs nervously. ‘Well, here’s the thing Layla, he... He isn’t really dead. Isn’t that funny?’

'You lied to me?!’, she all but shouts, ‘Great of course, everyone I fucking care about lies to me. Care to share why you would fake your own brothers dead’ she snaps angrily.

‘The alpha needs you, we all do. It wasn’t the same after you left  everyone went crazy and pack members were nonstop looking for you. The alpha was getting so desperate and’ before she could continue Layla cuts her of.

‘He was the one getting desperate?! I’m sure Lindsay would help him gladly through it.’

'He sent her away’

‘Whatever’ she sighs tiredly, still avoiding eye contact with me. ‘Olivier, make the guestroom with the purple walls ready for me and bring all of my stuff over there’ he nods and goes inside immediately, happy he can help his Luna who obviously could use some rest.

I can’t help but feel disappointed when she follows him but honestly, what did I expect? She caught me and Lindsay kissing, then I accused her of it an called her a whore. I fucked up big time.

I dismiss everyone and order to get a pack BBQ ready for next Saturday to celebrate the return of their Luna. Even if she doesn’t attend, which she probably won’t, the pack deserves a reward for all their hard input. I know they’re very fond of Layla as she tends to make me softer and nicer towards other people. That all went out of the window when she so abruptly left. I completely lost it and I can’t recall the number of fights I’ve gotten myself into. Eventually my parents had to put a halt on it because I was completely losing it.

My wolf didn’t speak with me anymore, he was angry with my actions and he craved his mate. His mate was untraceable. We lost her track at the airport and that’s when I became completely desperate. She could be all over in China for all I knew…