Part 6

Authors note: I know this isn't my longest chapter and 'm sorry for that. Next time it will be bigger! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

Meeting pack members was unavoidable while doing some grocery shopping. They always greeted the both of us with a wave or a respectful nod. Dante seemed extremely content with that.

After we dumped our shopping bags I  insisted on going to a nearby bookstore.

When I walked in it was like I entered another century. There was a chaos of old books placed on dark wooden shelves and all covered in a light lay of dust.

I immediately fell in love with the place. This was what every bookstore should look like…

Dante noticed the dreamy glance in my eyes and chuckled.

I could have spent hours in that shop but for the sake of Dante I shorted it to only half an hour and even that seemed to be too long for him as he began tipping his foot impatiently.

I bought ‘Pride & prejudice’, my second favorite book. I lost my copy a few months ago. Or maybe Sarah made me lose it, I wasn’t entirely sure.

With a big smile on my face I sat in Dante’s car while he drove us back. He had a black Jeep. I didn’t know if it was an expensive model but as everything Dante owned, it probably was.

He insisted on paying everything. He didn’t let me pay for the groceries, not even for the new Cosmopolitan.

It wasn’t worth fighting for so I just let him pay, because it seemed it made him happy.

I was making a salad and slicing a bread while Dante was looking trough some important stuff that couldn’t wait according to him.

He had neglecting his pack duties for me today but tomorrow he was expected bright and early so this was our last full day together, for now.

Heck, why do I even care? Because he is your mate my wolf said.

Softly I touched his mark by my neck. It was still a sensitive area but at least it wasn’t hurting anymore.

When I was done with making us a late lunch I decided it would be a nice idea to give Jace a call. I hadn’t spoken to him since the last time I saw him and Dante seemed to be still caught up with pack business.

‘Hello’ I heard Jace’s voice ‘Layla, is that you?’

‘It is’ I replied smirking, although he couldn’t see it, I was sure he could hear the happiness in my voice.

‘What have you been up to?’ I asked while I made myself comfortable on the couch.

‘Nothing much, just pack business and stuff. I missed you’

I smiled ‘I missed you too Jace’

‘Something happened’, I started off

‘What?’ I could hear the anger clear in his voice ‘I swear, if anybody hurt you, I’ll kill the bastard!’

‘Easy Jace, nobody hurt me’ I chuckled

He sighed in relief, ‘Then what did happen?’. I could clearly hear the curiosity in his voice and I chuckled a bit more.

‘I found my mate’

'Well that, I did not see coming.’

‘Neither did I, I wasn’t looking for a mate, I don’t want one’

‘He hasn’t hurt you, right?’ he asked, just to be sure.

‘Besides the mark he didn’t hurt me.’

‘He claimed you straight away?’ I could hear that Jace was a little worked up about this.

'A few seconds after he had laid his eyes on me he claimed me. He has been nothing but sweet and caring to me ever since but I still don’t want a mate. Well, part of me wants but the other part just wants to run far, far away from everything. I am just not ready to have a mate yet’

‘I understand what you mean, you can leave the guy but in the end it would hurt both of you. The mark made your bond stronger, it would be really hard and painful if you left him. From what you told me, he isn’t all that bad’ the last sentence he added careful, like he was afraid I would get upset about it.

‘Maybe I pay you a visit anytime soon’ I changed the subject, not wanting to talk about Dante anymore.

‘Please do, I miss you already’

Dante walked into the room and looked mad.

‘I will, I have to go now. I love you, bye’

‘I love you too’ he said before he hang up.

Dante walked in my direction and he looked beyond furious.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked worried that something might have happened that’d upset him.

‘What’s wrong?!’ he shouted at me. I cowered at his words and his features softened a bit.

‘You’re mine’ he growled before possessively wrapping his arm around me an resting his head in my neck.

I didn’t say a thing and just enjoyed the moment. His wolf seemed to be calmed down but he didn’t made an attempt to move either.

We just sat there for a good ten minutes and the only reason we moved was because my stomach was growling.

He laughed and helped me up.

I served us lunch and enjoyed the silence.

‘Who where you talking to’ Dante asked curious while he possessively interlaced our hands.

I frowned at our hands and tried to un-interlace them but Dante wouldn’t let me.

‘Answer me!’ Dante said with his demanding alpha voice.

‘My brother’ I answered annoyed.

He clearly looked more relaxed and allowed me to get my hand back.

‘I am planning on paying him visit’ I said while taking a bite of my salad.

‘I’ll come with you’ he answered and I just nodded while taking another bite.

‘Which pack does he belong to?’ he asked.

‘He is the alpha of Midnight pack’ I answered, not even trying to hide the pride in my voice.

'What?!’ he practically yelled. There was a loud growl coming out of his chest and Alex and a few other pack members hurried themselves inside to see where the danger was.

‘You can’t go. I won’t allow you’ he growled

‘He’s my brother for god’s sake!’ I yelled, tears filling up my eyes.

I ran out the kitchen and sprinted to my bedroom. I locked the door and fell crying on the bed.

This was a disaster.

Dante has been begging me to open the door for hours now but I still was too worked up about everything to open the door. His reaction had hurt me; my brother means everything to me and Dante wants me to stay away from him.

I was still sobbing and curled myself up at the bed, slowly closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

The last thing I saw was an angry alpha breaking the door and storming into the room.